Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart Australia

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
cornelbasson
Star
Star

Hello,

Anyone know anything about Arlo Smart release date for Australia? I didn't know that this will only be available in the US. I am not sure why this has to be region specific since the vids are all in the cloud?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi cornelbasson,

This article may assist with the subscription options based on location - Arlo Support What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is availabl...

cornelbasson
Star
Star
Thanks but I can see that smart is only available in the US and that wasn't my question. When will it be available for Australia?
RussB
Initiate
Initiate

I think that Arlo Smart Australia is still in the process of being rolled out .. in that you can sign on for the free month subscription, and configure some SMART features on your local devices ( activity zones for each camera) but the rich notifcations do not work - ( ie all alerts are motion based and do not identify if the detected object is person, animal or car) . They also take 30secs - 90secs to reach your phone or email, so the detected object could be long gone or broken into your property by the time you get any information!  This is , I think because the initial movement trigger has to be sent to the cloud to be analysed by Arlo "smarts" before being sent onto your device. I gave up after 5 days of frustration , and will re visit this in a couple of months. It is annoying that the marketing is being rolled out without the local infrastructure in place to deliver the service as advertised. Smart alerts need to be visible on the phone within10 - 15 seconds of trigger event to be of any real security use. Basic motion alerts (without all the whistles and bells) seem to arrive 5-10 seconds of trigger. 

cornelbasson
Star
Star

Yes it is next to useless at the moment. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon with an update of some sort.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation