Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
Rose4uKY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just had a new house built and my husband had it wired out front for a camera. We also have the Echo Show and I had read the Arlo Pro was battery only which my husband didn't want. So can this new Arlo Pro2 be wired and not do the battery? I would love to win one and joined here to post hope this goes to the right thread. 

14 REPLIES 14
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Arlo Pro 2 can be permanently powered outdoors with the Outdoor Power Adapter VMA4700 but that's not much help for a pre-wired location. 

https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-NETGEAR-Outdoor-Power-Adapter/dp/B071K62DZV

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro II can be continuously powered indoors using the supplied indoor power adapter.  At this time we do not support continuous outdoor use with an outdoor power adapter.

JamesC

skysigns
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm confused, isn't one of the advatages of pro 2 is that it can be AC powered for outdoors? It looks like it's being advertised this way.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

skysigns wrote:

I'm confused, isn't one of the advatages of pro 2 is that it can be AC powered for outdoors? It looks like it's being advertised this way.

Yeah........long story, for Netgear to tell us at some point. We’re all waiting for it.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Huh ?

Can you please explain.

addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ooops. I also ordered the VMA4700 power adapter assuming it was compatible as the Pro2 used the same batteries. Wonder what the issue is, guess I will need to return it.

This has me very confused as it lists the VMA4700

https://kb.arlo.com/000049386/How-does-the-Look-Back-feature-work-on-my-Arlo-Pro-2-camera

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hula_Rock wrote:

Huh ?

Can you please explain.

referring to one other "by design" flaw, a camera (experienced it with the original Arlo, don't know about the Pro) can be turned OFF but it will still record when included in a cross recording rule.

Seems the recurring answer by Netgear to unexplainable oddities.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Funny you say that......  I just experienced that situation.  2 pro2's, I turn one off, had cross-recording rules set.  to my surprise the turned off camera recorded.....

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hula_Rock wrote:

Funny you say that......  I just experienced that situation.  2 pro2's, I turn one off, had cross-recording rules set.  to my surprise the turned off camera recorded.....

"By design"

:))

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

steve_t wrote:

Arlo Pro 2 can be permanently powered outdoors with the Outdoor Power Adapter VMA4700 but that's not much help for a pre-wired location. 

Steve:

Amazon Canada has removed the Netgear Arlo outdoor power adapter from their available products. Apparently notices were sent out to current owners about potential problem with its weatherproofing, as it may be possible for water to enter camera through its connector. That is why Arlo is currently not supporting the adapter’s use outdoor.

Likely will come up with a replacement product, but no word as to its ETA.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice

So yet another issue thread with a statement from arlo but no action.

Without a outdoor power cable the Pro 2 cannot use CVR or motion zones two of the main reasons for upgrading.

V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Its' called misrepresentation.

So they sell you a product that you believe by the sales pitch to be able to do one thing, but find out later that actually it doesnt, or you can only use a subset of it's capability and has some faults with no fix or that the product is over-priced in comparison to traditional IP cameras, is inferior quality and have a support channel and engineering channel that doesn't know their left from their right or have an effective management structure.

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well said.

Note they will No Doubt remove your post most of mine we're, so they are happy to watch and delete factual negative posts but not actually solving issues.

Ensure you make your voices heard on their and partner social media sites.

So I now have two covers and two power cables all original Arlo not fit for use.
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation