Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro2 battery issue, now keeps recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HowieH
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

I recently ran into problems with one of five Pro2 cams that were working fine over the last year.  One camera suddenly would not hold charge.  I tried recharging twice and it would lose all power within a day.  This even with latest firmware updated (1.125.11.4_29092)

Finally, I caved in and got a new battery which was charged and installed yesterday.  Now, the Pro2 keeps recording about every 4-6 minutes even without anything moving in the field several times in a row.  I'll then have a pause where it's fine for 15 minutes and it starts all over again.  This occurs even with sensitivity dialed down to 9.  Never had an issue before and the sensitivity was at 80. 

What gives?  Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, hardware problems, including batteries, have to be solved by opening a case with support here and invoking your warranty.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

As for the recording issue, I would first remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. You'll need to rebuild your settings and any modes that have that camera in them after resyncing. Use a browser to do this since the apps can cause issues in the Mode tab.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, hardware problems, including batteries, have to be solved by opening a case with support here and invoking your warranty.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

As for the recording issue, I would first remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. You'll need to rebuild your settings and any modes that have that camera in them after resyncing. Use a browser to do this since the apps can cause issues in the Mode tab.

HowieH
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!  That seemed to have done the trick.  So far so good.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation