Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro2 battery charging problem

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JoeLiang
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an Arlo solar panel for the Pro2 camera and installed on 7-April, I used the camera for 3 weeks already and checked the battery power level is 82% before plug the solar panel in. When I plug the solar panel in, it's not chargging the battery and seems it took the pawer from the battery because the battery drop to 62% in 4 hours after and it down to 12% in this morning (9-April). Today I change another fully charge battery and connect with the panel again, it down to 82% now and just took 14 hours. It's rediculous! Please let me know what's the problem and why it happen?!

6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Make sure that the plug from the panel is firmly inserted into the USB socket on the camera.

When the sun hits the panel you should see the lightning bolt (using the Arlo app.) showing that the camera is charging.

If this still does not work then you may have a faulty panel.

JoeLiang
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, everything done right and can see the charging symbol( a flash in the battery sign)), but the power keep losing. It maybe an faulty panel, can I return it to the seller?

JoeLiang
Aspirant
Aspirant

I talked with the seller, he sugguest me don't use the Pro2 connect with the solar panel because it's designed for Pro only not for Pro2. So, I changed my camera to the Pro, but it shown the red battery symbol and mentioned" Un-compatible" with the camera. I told the seller, they told me to ask Netgear's comment. Please let me know your advise. Thank you.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@JoeLiang wrote:

I talked with the seller, he sugguest me don't use the Pro2 connect with the solar panel because it's designed for Pro only not for Pro2.

Asking Netgear might be a better source of information than a seller that has not yet seen the new product.

People have reported happily using solar panels with the Pro 2.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've used the solar panels on both Pro and Pro 2 cameras.  There's no issue with which camera is compatible.

The incompatible error message suggests that the cable isn't properly plugged in (check both ends very carefully - they can be difficult to get properly inserted) although the possibility of a bad panel can't be dismissed.

JoeLiang
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just change to another new Pro, it works! it's so strange for this panel...

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation