Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro2 Base Station and two cameras. Don't know how to retrieve devices?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ron4784
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station and 2 cameras using my Samsung S9 phone. I then went to ArloNetgear.net and logged into my account. I seen two base stations and knowing that I only had one I deleted a base station. Now I don't know how to retriieve the devices base station and two cameras don't appear any longer on phone or laptop.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The second "base station" is just the siren so you can name it something specific. Now that you deleted the base, you can try to claim it again using the Add Device button (web) or + (app) and see if everything pops back up. If not, remove everything in Settings, My Devices and start fresh, claiming the base first.

Ron4784
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response. I got it up and running and now I know why there's two base station icons.

Ron4784
Aspirant
Aspirant

Prior to posting on the Arlo Community the question. I contacted Arlo Tech Support when Barry 3936 got ton the phone. I told him that deleted one of the base stations in my laptop and that it elimated all of my devices base station and two cameras. Rigt away he wanted and I stupidly let him connect to my computer. Once connected he looked at my computer not for the Arlo page, but what he said were hidden files. He said my computer was infected with the meroot virus and the only way I could remove it was to take the laptop to a Level 6 Red Hat technician that could remove it. He also showed me someting that said connections and said that I have 50 forgeign users on my network connection, I became convinved this guy was pulling a scam but I asked him where is this Level 6 Red Hat place I should take it to. He asked if I what to do it online or at the store. I told him I'd like to bring it in. He told me to Google it I told him to Google it since he's the one that made this issue. He said fine but I need your zip code. I couple minutes later he said it was 83 miles from me. I asked if he had an addresss he said for me to Google it again and he got upset because I told him I don't beleive anything your saying. He then said he could help but because I was being rude that I should just call another Arlo Technician. 

Either way I'm left a message with Microsoft to find out if there's really a virus on my laptop that got past Windows Defender and the Firewall.

Yesterday was the first day I had an Arlo Base Station. So far the equipment seems good but the Tech Support feels like the Dark Web. I don't think I'll ever contact Arlo Tech Support again. I'l go to the community and hopefully someone like.jguerdat will answer my question. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Ron4784,

Do make sure that when you contacted our Arlo Support team that it is through here: Arlo Support Center. If you did contact our support team through this link, feel free to PM me so I can gather more information.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation