Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not showing notifications/not recording

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
originalcyndy
Follower
Follower

All 3 cameras were working fine beofre we went on a long trip. There should have a been a minimum of 12 motion notific ations a day for caregivers, mail delivery, etc. We got only notifications/videos for motion on days 1, 2, 7, and 12. We KNOW, unequivocally, that there was motion daily. Nothing at all in the library except only partial vids--and not all cameras--for those days (ex., leaving but not entering the house).Too, since we returned 2 days ago, the cameras have only been sporadically recording/notifying us as well. And sometimes the very few vids actually show NOTHING when they are played--when they should have shown people, etc. (not set to high sensitivity). We didn't contact support while overseas, but upon return, the techs said if you don't view them within 7 hours, the vids disappear from your library. (BS--I can still see some from 2 weeks ago that I hadn't viewed--and not our previous experience.) They said, but the vids are still available in X (unintelligible), and "known issue, engineers" stuff. Any suggestions on how to retrieve the missing vids, or did we just throw away $500?

1 REPLY 1
dhiller0217
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've had 5 arlo pros for about 2 years, and now I have 1 arlo pro 2 as of about a month ago.  I am currently experiencing the same issues, notably since the whole "arlo smart" thing was rolled out a few months ago.  THEY HAVE GOT TO FIX THE APP ISSUES.  There are too many problems to name, and there are too many tickets open, from too many people, which are "currently under investigation" or whatever, and unless I'm not keeping up with the community properly, I'm not seeing progress reports on most of them.  The cost of this system makes the bugginess of the app absolutely unacceptable since the app is the heart and soul of what gives us "security".  I'm 95% certain it's the app in most cases, and not the cameras themselves. 

Anyway, on a more helpful note, I have noticed that doing a "reset" on my base station, generally makes the cameras start picking up motion and sending alerts again, and they may act perfectly normal for a few days after that.  Luckily this can be done from my phone.  However, then I may check my cameras a week later and see nothing in the library once again for cameras which normally have a ton of activity. And so I reset it again.  We should NOT have to do this, but it's something you can try next time if you haven't already.  I actually have a long trip coming up as well, and it is completely disheartening to know there's maybe a 50% chance (at best) that I will even be notified and/or capture video of anyone on my property if I need to.  What a bunch of BS.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation