Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
craighenry
Tutor
Tutor

I had two Arlo pro cameras facing the street which were able to detect motion beyond 30  feet. + I replaced one camera with a an Arlo pro 2 camera with no issues with sensitivity and distance. I replaced the second with an Arlo pro2 with no issues with sensitivty and distance . The original two Arlo pro were relocated to new locations with no apparent effects. 10 days ago all cameras lost their distance sensitivy and no longer can detect motion beyond ~ 10 feet. 

I am aware enough of the settings to confirm nothing changed or performed modifications as required. I have moved the original Pro camera back to it's origmal postion to confirm that it no longer has the range it did a month agp.

Any feedback is welcome.

6 REPLIES 6
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
don’t know if this is relevant to your situation or not but some of my arlo pro cameras are very sensitive to the angle of the camera. And after I change the cameras I have to make sure to position them the exact same
Way. Using objects in the fov to replicate the viewing angle. A few degrees pointed further up or down effects the motion sensitivity. Had to find a sweet spot exactly in the angle the camera was pointed up and to the side. Sorry if this doesn’t help.
craighenry
Tutor
Tutor

I appreciate your respomse.

I have never had a problem with camera positioning or FoV. Cameras have been fiited with Arlo brackets that remain at the same position on / off the fixed house mounts.

The Vendor has done some sort of software update that has effectively bricked my front cameras.

Last fall my camera(s) caught a shooting at my neighbors house that started on the sidewalk (+25 ft) and was provided to the police. The current sensitivity would not be able to record the wheels being stolen on the second car at the end of my driveway. 

I have payed alot of money for the Arlo system and is behaving like a piece of * that no one should consider.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
We have a ton of problems with our arlo pro cameras the bas goes offline 1-5 times a day for an hour every time , usb won’t overwrite, or format. Batteries have bean draining super fast since last update.
Louis14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got exactly the same problem! my front garden Arlo Pro 2 camera used to pick up any movement up to 30 feet away now only getting about 10 feet. I have tried everything resetting the camera, taking out the batteries, rebooting the base station removing and re-syncning the camera still no use. Currently paying for the Arlo Smart Premier subscription, was great to begin with but if it doesn't improve, I will cancel this as there is not point having the subscription as the Pro 2 camera doesn't picks up must these days.  The activity zone is a wast of time as it only picks up about 30% of the area, very disappointing a real step backwards for the Pro 2.

Louis14
Aspirant
Aspirant

No sorted thanks to the info provided by Arlo live chat team, cheer's guys

The 'You Tube' video 'Arlo Wire-Free: Using Motion Dection' certainly did the trick and reminded me how motion dection works on the Arlo Pro 2 camera. Forgot that side to side movement for motion detection on the Arlo Pro 2 gets the best results. Now sorted! Now I can restart my Smart Subscription, happy days...

craighenry
Tutor
Tutor

Disagree.

I had two Arlo pro cameras at the front of my house that were realizing distances on of ~30 feet. I chose to upgrade the front cameras to Arlo pro 2 cameras to improve resolution and that reduced distance to <12 feet. I had swapped the the pro cameras to the back of the house but have subsequenty moved the Pro cameras back to the front to return the diistance  realization. The pro 2 camaeras are garbage in terms of distance. Side to side and FoV is not relavent..

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation