Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Horndogger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Want to open 2nd account with new 2nd Arlo base station. Do I plug into my existing router that my Arlo system is connected to? Do I add a new device under base station and then where do I put in the 2nd email and password? I though I would have 2 Arlo apps on my phone but I guess that won’t happen! Thx for the help! R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No...

If your using an app, you must completely log out ( from settings ) so it isn't in the background... then you sign on with the new account info... then you can add so they go to the new account.

That's why I said it was easier to do this via the web... it doesn't effect the phone app even if running as it's a new account

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You open a NEW account with a different email and PW....

the base can plug into your same router.

Sign on NEW acct and config new base/cameras ( on web access makes it easier at;  my.arlo.com )

then share the new account cameras over to the first account so all can be seen on the one app.

Horndogger
Aspirant
Aspirant

So do I go into my existing Arlo app and click on add devices to add my new base center and will it then ask me for an email and password? Thx again R

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No...

If your using an app, you must completely log out ( from settings ) so it isn't in the background... then you sign on with the new account info... then you can add so they go to the new account.

That's why I said it was easier to do this via the web... it doesn't effect the phone app even if running as it's a new account

RHorner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Created the new account! When I add new device will it now ask which acc to download to? Also can I then add my wife to both acc’s? Thx you rock!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RHorner wrote:
Created the new account! When I add new device will it now ask which acc to download to? 

No.  First you log into the account, then you add the device to that account.

@RHorner wrote:
Also can I then add my wife to both acc’s? 

She'd have her own account.  Then you grant access to cameras (from both main accounts) to hers.  You can also use grant access to let you see all cameras from both of your accounts.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation