Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
kevin_in_az
Star
Star

yep, these things are pieces of **bleep**.  My base station goes offline about every two weeks and it's been offline now for 2 days.  All 5 of my cameras.   F-ing ridiculous.  

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Whelp - yesterday I had removed the USB drives from my 3 base stations and cold booted them all - so, none of my base stations have USB drives - I disabled the feature on all of them.

Today, had base station wig out, AGAIN - could not connect to cams for it so walked over to look at the base station for those cams and it was stuck at amber light on left LED, other LEDs were not activated.

Per usual, had turn off base station, yank the power cord, wait 30 seconds, reconnect power and turn it back on, and EVENTUALLY it came back to life.

Wonderful system.  At least I work from home - what about people who work AWAY from home?  They have to wait until the get home to fix their POS systems...

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

Check your base firmware, new firmware came out last night, 1.12.2.4_2772 for VMB4000, it may be the same for VMB3000 and VMB 3500.  

fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice
...and within a matter of days we’ve now been updated to firmware version 1.12.2.4_2772.

No notice. No choice. No admitting anywhere on their website that there’s an issue. If there’s no issue then why do they keep pushing base station firmware updates? Of course there’s an issue. Own to it already.
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
Right on Fractalchick! If Arlo/Netgear would own issues by acknowledging the issue and then posting that they are tirelessly working to solve the problems, that would at least somewhat ease concerns. Keeping customers who rely on this product for security and safety in the dark is terrible PR and is a terrible way to treat and retain customers. Never mind the damage done by word of mouth to prospective future customers. It’s like they are selling and just don’t care
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

After an email two weeks ago to support I was finally contacted today and a ticket opened. I've exchanged two emails back and forth thus far. This was the was reply from Arlo support, 

"Hi John, Thank you for the response and update. This is Alph and I am answering on behalf of my colleague. Going back to the reason of your contact John, we are actually receiving similar cases as to this one as to where the Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station intermittently goes offline. This has been reported already to our engineering team and they are still working on it. For the mean time if you are willing to work with me on this case, for isolation purposes can you try to unplug the Local Storage you installed to the Base Station and observe if the problem still persist? The reason why I'm asking you to unplug it for the mean time is because the issue that was already reported about the base station intermittently goes offline has something to do with the Local Storage. I would just like to know if the same thing happens on your case so that I could include your case to the report and once they fix this what will normally happen is that they will release a new firmware update and your base station will just automatically update to the new firmware. We will wait for your response. Again, thank you for choosing Arlo! Kind regards, Alph Arlo Support Expert".

I resonded by saying that I've tried this twice already and the offline issues persist. I then said that many people were posting the same thing in their support forum. I did say I would try again. But at least they are aware of this issue. Next I will ask why there is no mention on Arlo's Server page of any issues.

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

And with this wonderful new firmware update, more than half of my 10 cameras have downright PITIFUL signal strength.  I have three base stations and the cams are all well within 30 ft of their base stations, and after the firmware update most all of them now have truly awful signal strength.

Thanks Netgear!  Great improvement!

xerox85
Aspirant
Aspirant

I check internet connection and that work grate, all 3 light are green, but when i go in app there are base stattion is offline, after 2 days only green light is on power, internet and cameras are orange and still internet work grate...

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since the newest update yesterday, and my offline issues have gotten worse. My base station has been offline since 1am. It’s now 6:50am. * Arlo/Netgear????!!!!!

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
Offline again for the last hour and a 1/2. The new software update has made this worse than ever!!! Don’t they even bother to test this stuff? And for the high price of $300 for camera and they don’t have live tech support 24/7? I sent an email to support and it took 2 weeks for a response and a ticket to be created! Really???!!!
kevin_in_az
Star
Star

These cameras are utter **bleep**.  I am away from my house and because of a forced firmware update, my cameras are offline AGAIN (about every two weeks) and I can't access my cameras.  If anyone is thinking of buying these crappy cameras, save your money and go with Ring or Nest or anything else but Arlo.  

HW VersionVMB3010r2
Firmware1.12.2.4_2772
DGZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tells me this on my android phone but works on iPad.  Is there a fix for Android?

Bryantbjb
Guide
Guide

This appears to have worked - unfortunately.  I have a premium account so getting cloud storage (I have 10 carmeras) but this does really suck. Also, my initial ticket submitted to Arlo has yet to be answered - 1 week later. 

uga_boy
Initiate
Initiate
I do not work from home. Over the course of the last month or so I have also been having intermittent internet connectivity issues where the Hub is concerned. The strange is the Arlo light hub four the security lights stays on and connected the entire time. I can continue to control the security lights in the app even when the camera base station is showing as offline. So my solution for having to periodically reboot an offline base station from a remote location has been to use a tp-link casa Wi-Fi smart plug and have the base station plugged into it. When the base station nuts up because of a firmware update, I simply go in to my Kasa app and recycle the power on the Wi-Fi plug. And sign up for updates on this community forum for firmware release notes to be posted. When I get a notification that a firmware update is pushed out immediately check the bass station status and then the case of things are offline, recycle power to the station.
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well I knew it was too good to be true. Added back the USB drive - freezes started that afternoon, and my doorbell/chime/front door camera all disconnected from each other for the video doorbell functionality - so same ol’ crap different day.

Thanks for nothing Arlo - if there’s one thing I can count on - it’s the fact that something will always be severely messed up with your half-baked firmware.

L2Code n00bs
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Mjbeuke wrote:
Added back the USB drive - freezes started that afternoon, and my doorbell/chime/front door camera all disconnected from each other for the video doorbell functionality - so same ol’ crap different day.

Have you tried anything to debug this strange behaviour?

What is this drive?

Tried a different USB drive?

Reformatted it?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

More weirdness than ever, as in new and never experienced until the new firmware,1.12.2.4_2772, was snuck in. Last night I received an email alert that my drive was full. Now my Arlor Pro 2 camera is located in a very high traffic area and is set to record for 2 minutes with video quality set to high, motion at 100% and sound on 5, and so it's recording constantly all day long and even much of the nigh as well. Regardless, I just formatted my 1TB hard drive last week and I know it had over 900GB left and that it was not close to being full. In fact, I recently checked (It should last for a couple of months before filing up anyway).  Anyway, I opened the app on my iPhone and it was fine.  (So as I write I just went to check how much storage was left but the base is offline!!! Ugh!!!) 

More weirdness not experienced before. The app indicated that my camera's battery was almost dead last night when I checked the app after receiving the email alert mentioned above (battery icon was read outline and empty), however, the camera is/was plugged in. An hour later and the app showed it was plugged in and fully charged. 

Per the norm over the past month and a 1/2, (since the May update), the base continues to go "Offline" with the app missing icons like the ear/sound icon, the motion/person icon, battery icon, etc., all are not there during such times.  

So things continue to compile and get worse and not better after having a month and a 1/2 since the dissaster May software update that started all this. Unacceptable for something that is supposed to be a security device, and as such, help my property be and feel safe! I'm wondering who is beta testing the software as there is obvious a quality control issue that has surfaced since the May update and this trend continues. Netgear/Arlo is failing it's customers.

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

More weirdness than ever, as in new and never experienced until the new firmware,1.12.2.4_2772, was snuck in. Last night I received an email alert that my drive was full. Now my Arlor Pro 2 camera is located in a very high traffic area and is set to record for 2 minutes with video quality set to high, motion at 100% and sound on 5, and so it's recording constantly all day long and even much of the nigh as well. Regardless, I just formatted my 1TB hard drive last week and I know it had over 900GB left and that it was not close to being full. In fact, I recently checked (It should last for a couple of months before filing up anyway).  Anyway, I opened the app on my iPhone and it was fine.  (So as I write I just went to check how much storage was left but the base is offline!!! Ugh!!!) 

More weirdness not experienced before. The app indicated that my camera's battery was almost dead last night when I checked the app after receiving the email alert mentioned above (battery icon was read outline and empty), however, the camera is/was plugged in. An hour later and the app showed it was plugged in and fully charged. 

Per the norm over the past month and a 1/2, (since the May update), the base continues to go "Offline" with the app missing icons like the ear/sound icon, the motion/person icon, battery icon, etc., all are not there during such times.  

So things continue to compile and get worse and not better after having a month and a 1/2 since the dissaster May software update that started all this. Unacceptable for something that is supposed to be a security device, and as such, help my property be and feel safe! I'm wondering who is beta testing the software as there is obvious a quality control issue that has surfaced since the May update and this trend continues. Netgear/Arlo is failing it's customers.

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well I just had a dispute with a neighbor (this has never happened before) right outside in front of the camera. She was acting weird and was upset and was probably under the influence of something. Anyway, I couldn't wait to get inside to look at and send the footage of my crazy neighbor to my gf & friends and guess what? My base station was offline the entire f’ing time!!!!!!!!!!!!! It still is! OMG, I HATE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!! Worst purchase ever (bought 2 months ago and nothing but issues with the software and going offline!!!) !

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Going away for 2 weeks and then when I come back this thing is going back. Thank God I got the Best Buy warranty! I might try one more unit, but I have a feeling this is all bad enineering.

fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Unfortunately if you bought your system about two months ago you bought it just as they were bringing out the “Arlo smart” changes which (in mid-April) is what started this whole mess of issues.
We bought in Aug-Sept last year and had many months of very good operation before the issues started.
In my opinion they should long ago have rolled back all the changes they made until they were able to send out a stable update. Instead they’ve just ploughed blindly ahead putting on bandaid after bandaid after bandaid...
Jeffopoppy
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base station went offline this week and it was a real hassle to restart it and get the cameras to reconnect. But in the process it seems to have sucked the batteries dry. They were all at 70-80% and now they are 0-4. What the heck?
dhorstman6
Initiate
Initiate

Since the past firmware upgrade a month ago, base station keep losing internet connection(no light at all). Which if I don't catch this quick enough, the batteries in the cameras will drain quickly. Prior to this upgrade, everything has been working fine for the past year. 

Please Advise

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Oh yea - I have literally done it all. I’ve tried 6 different USB drives - all freshly formatted - all also tried formatting to Fat32 and some user suggested helps - ever since Arlo released this bunk firmware screwing up USB recording...

I’ve also replaced the base station, doorbell, chime - and fully completely hard reset every device - battery pull power cycling all cameras and Arlo lights, removing every device from Arlo account on IPhone app - delete iPhone app - reinstall every device. I have done every stupid thing there is to be done 10x over - and I’m done getting on ladders and doing all of the “easy” fixes....

This is a total firmware failure plain and simple.
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
This.....

Bought mine on 4/22..... fantastic devices until 5/21 update.

Complete garbage since. If not fixed to where I can use USB recording without the base station going offline by the 7/22 return date - it all goes back to Cosco and I swear of Arlo for good