Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
Keck
Star
Star
@Mjbeuke

Arlo replaced my base with a refurbished VBM4000. They gave me a a RMA because it was “their issue”. They don’t know why the base was going off line. The new base is working with no problems and still works with the USB hard drive. No offline issues. Responds faster when using app.

I did have an error formatting the USB using the app, but when I used the web, it eventually worked. I think the app is slow to respond with the system.

The people answering support calls are in the dark. They don’t have real information and it’s not their fault, in my opinion. It seems they are learning and are given directions from elsewhere. That’s why they are using the same excuses that supposedly were already fixed.

My opinion is, the older hardware is not compatible with new technologies Arlo has changed or put into place. Older base stations needs updated chips or inner hardware/software. Changing subscription settings and adding the Ultra version is probably the start is all this.
Keck
Star
Star
Arlo replaced my base with a refurbished VBM4000. They gave me a a RMA because it was “their issue”. They don’t know why the base was going off line. The new base is working with no problems and still works with the USB hard drive. No offline issues. Responds faster when using app.

I did have an error formatting the USB using the app, but when I used the web, it eventually worked. I think the app is slow to respond with the system.

The people answering support calls are in the dark. They don’t have real information and it’s not their fault, in my opinion. It seems they are learning and are given directions from elsewhere. That’s why they are using the same excuses that supposedly were already fixed.

My opinion is, the older hardware is not compatible with new technologies Arlo has changed or put into place. Older base stations needs updated chips or inner hardware/software. Changing subscription settings and adding the Ultra version is probably the start is all this.
vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice

Does anyone know if they got rid of the Chat to Support? I now only see emil or phone call for Support.

vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just got off a Live Chat with Arlo Support.

Me :  Can you confirm that Arlo Support is aware of the Arlo Base going offline , and then sometimes rebooting ... and this happens multiple times a day.

Arlo Support:  We do have some cases like this but it is minimal only. Also, Base station will go offline and rebooted once it is updating the firmware, power outage and internet outage.

Me : If anyone were to check the Arlo Community Board, this Base Station going OFFLINE is FAR from minimal. People from all over the world are reporting this issue.

<SMH>

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Many thanks to Dearjohn012 and a round of applause for diagnosing and finding the work around for the offline issue!!!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👍👍👍🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Tech support at arlo is also recommending now to remove the usb to help with the offline issue. We have removed the usb from both our base stations and it’s helped tremendously. Hopefully arlo will fix the firmware so we can use the local storage in the future but in the meantime it’s good to have the base stations almost back to normal.
Apprentice
Apprentice
If they gave you a 4000 for a 4000 what's the hardware version on the replacement base. I think the fresh start is what cured your problems not a hardware swap unless the refurb has a hardware revision none of us has seen yet. That's kind of doubtful. Anyway Arlo is a terrible company.
Apprentice
Apprentice
To add to my previous posts I use a 4000 without problems except for remote formatting. So you are saying remote formatting works for u or are u just saying the system records to the usb drive? My case is using fimrware ending with 2762 and the hardware is revision 3.
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I would also like to thank Dearjohn012 for diagnosing and sharing the USB workaround. The system is usable now. Definately a night and day difference. Now we wait for Arlo to fix it so we can use our local storage again. Many Thamks!!!!

Pocketkaiser
Tutor
Tutor

Dear Arlo Team,

after a couple of years as a happy customer i am very disappointed. My Arlo with 7 Cams has been offline two times exactly during my absence. Main issue with this is when coming back a few days later all batteries of the cams are empty. This happend two times in ar wow with new batteries after 2-4 weeks. This is expensive when you need to change 4 x 7 batteries.. Why is the base station going offline and how can i prevent. Internet was working great as i had Netatmo and Ring cameras with no issue in use at the same time.

Thanks,

fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice
I thought our base station had gone offline again about an hour ago (after having worked perfectly since mid last week with a USB plugged in and on a custom alert mode) but it appears that they’ve again pushed out a firmware update without letting us (or anyone) know.

We’re now working on firmware release 1.12.2.3_2762.
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

I noticed this too. I just plugged in my hard drive back in. I hope it works properly now, Still could not format using the online sign-in browser, however, and just did it on my Mac. We'll see if the diconnect issues persist again or not.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I have been using v1.12.2.3_2762 since it was released six days ago and have multiple offline issues daily still.
Good luck with the USB format issue.
Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve got 3010 base stations without USB functionality and they are constantly going offline and requiring reboots so it’s not a USB issue.

dimples239
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does this have to do with the "new" request from Arlo to purchase their service????  I have paid for the cameras (3) and base which was not cheap and I dont want to pay for any other service.  Seem like my offline issues started when I did not want to pay for monthly service.  I Want my base and camera working because I live on a street where a murder happened and I am a female mainly home alone.  I need these for security.  PLEASE Fix your product!

dimples239
Aspirant
Aspirant

No ETA is not acceptable.  We purchase these camera for security and with the base being down, that security is lost......  not acceptable.  PLEASE Fix ASAP or give us new equipment.

Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Agreed wholeheartedly, these are security devices and should be as rock steady as possible 24/7.  Going offline when they are connected to power and the internet is not acceptable.

sipetanradu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issues. Base was ofline last Friday, I've did a reset and readded the cameas, they were fine till Sunday morning when the base got offline again... realy dissapointed 

guidovanwelden
Tutor
Tutor
It is the second time, my app says that the basestation is offline. All leds are green.
I have to reset everything to make it online again. Will there be a software update soon?
Russam32
Initiate
Initiate
This is the third time my base has gone offline. Three times I have done all the required steps for troubleshooting. Resets of base, Changing cords, resetting router, new batteries, even made a new account. I was able to get everything back up for it to last the first time a couple days and the second one day. My cameras show getting status, however nothing happens. My base shows offline and at time instead of getting status the cameras will all show offline. I currently have zero camera coverage. I do not know what to do next, at a loss. Please advise. Thank you.
guidovanwelden
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problems too.
2nd time I have to reset everything
guidovanwelden
Tutor
Tutor
I think we urgently need a fix from Netgear
NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

KECK:

Are you still running ok with the replacement Base Station?

I am still having Offline issues.  Arlo has closed my time zone ticket and opened a new Offline Issue ticket... and now have closed my Offline issues ticket due to inactivity!  Huh?  I have been providing them all the inflrmation they requested and they said they escalated to Level 2.  Now they just email me that they closed the ticket.  I am beside myself how bad this company is.  would not reccomend them to my worst enemy!

NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

KECK:

Are you still running ok with the replacement Base Station?

I am still having Offline issues.  Arlo has closed my time zone ticket and opened a new Offline Issue ticket... and now have closed my Offline issues ticket due to inactivity!  Huh?  I have been providing them all the inflrmation they requested and they said they escalated to Level 2.  Now they just email me that they closed the ticket.  I am beside myself how bad this company is.  I would not reccomend them to my worst enemy!

NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a known problem that Arlo is not owning up to.  There are many people screaming about it and opening tickets but I have no idea what Arlo is doing about it. Phone and Chat support are clueless and will waste your time resetiing everything when this has been done hundreds of times by other customers and it does not help. I can only hope that phone and chat support are only stalling while people who really know what they are doing are working on a firmware fix.  If not, this company is going to lose what customer's they have left suffering through this and other issues.  All I can say is make sure you open a ticket.  The more open tickets the better.  Posting here is fine to share between us, but you need to make a stink directly with Arlo support.  Call them out!

Keck
Star
Star
Yes I still have offline issues with the new (refurbished) base they sent me. When it goes offline it will set my motion detector back to default of 80%. I keep it at 100%. I haven’t called them back yet to let them know. I’ll keep you posted.