Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate your concern regarding this. Our development team is investigating these reports. We'll be sure to update the community when we hear any new update or information. We once again appreciate your patience and understanding.

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Dearjohn012 @ShayneS @JessicaP @JamesC 

I have this exact same issue - and like Deajohn is saying - I also unplugged my USB hard drive from my base station last night....

Since Arlo clearly has no interest in using the standard process of eliminiation to identify issues and help resolve them for their customers - I took matters into my own hands..... and started making small 1-off changes one at a time to see if anything stops the base station from freezing and going offline.....

Yesterday at around 1pm - I completely removed my hard drive from the base station, removed the doorbell, front camera, chime from my account and added all 3 devices back to my account/base station..... I power cycled the unit once everything was added back - and did NOT plug the USB hard drive back into the base.....

No power cycles since doing this.... Also - my doorbell, chime, and front camera have ALL stayed paired together and worked perfectly fine since removing the USB drive.....

ARLO AND COMMUNITY FORUM REPS - PLEASE GET THIS INFORMATION TO YOUR TECHNITIONS..... I AM NOT HOLDING MY BREATH - BUT THIS MAY BE YOUR PROBLEM WITHIN THE USB DRIVE CODE!!!!!

It would also explain why some people are having weird USB formatting issues - which also started at the same time around May 21st when everything went to hell in a handbasket.

For those of you with base freezing issues - please unplug your USB drives and report back if anything changes!!!

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC @JessicaP @ShayneS 

Since Arlo clearly has no interest in using the standard process of eliminiation to identify issues and help resolve them for their customers - I took matters into my own hands..... and started making small 1-off changes one at a time to see if anything stops the base station from freezing and going offline.....

Yesterday at around 1pm - I completely removed my hard drive from the base station, removed the doorbell, front camera, chime from my account and added all 3 devices back to my account/base station..... I power cycled the unit once everything was added back - and did NOT plug the USB hard drive back into the base.....

No power cycles since doing this.... Also - my doorbell, chime, and front camera have ALL stayed paired together and worked perfectly fine since removing the USB drive.....

ARLO AND COMMUNITY FORUM REPS - PLEASE GET THIS INFORMATION TO YOUR TECHNITIONS..... I AM NOT HOLDING MY BREATH - BUT THIS MAY BE YOUR PROBLEM WITHIN THE USB DRIVE CODE!!!!!

It would also explain why some people are having weird USB formatting issues - which also started at the same time around May 21st when everything went to hell in a handbasket.

For those of you with base freezing issues - please unplug your USB drives and report back if anything changes!!!

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS @JessicaP @JamesC 

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Mjbeuke  

Thank you for the update!

Ugh. This is pain in the butt. Arlo should be doing this for us, instead WE are solving their * ups. 

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

if this is the problem i think arlo should give us all arlo ultra base stations - they dont use usb drives they use micro sd cards 

Apprentice
Apprentice
Ching they would never admit it and they would stall until your warranty runs out. I think we are dealing with an unethical incompetent company. Having said that the only problem I have is with the USB formatting and I get 1 to 2 minute offline occurrences but they might happen once per day. I run 6 cams on two base startions. One hardware revision I think is newer than the other. My problems stem from the older base station
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
We also had problems where the usb drives would not overwrite and couldn’t format also. I remember one of the bases that started having the problem right around the 21st of May I was told by a tech to remove the usb and maybe it was the usb causing the base station problems at that time. So we replaced the base but have bean using usb flash drives since. We have tried 64gb and 256gb sandisk and pny and the bases were going offline. We have removed one base stations usb drive to see if that makes any difference and will test out the theory although we are not going to reset the whole base at this time
RB321
Apprentice
Apprentice
I hate to burst your bubble, but that wont fix it, its bigger than that. I have two base stations, an Ultra station with an ultra camera and pro 2 camera connected and a Pro 2 station with 4 Pro 2 cameras connected (and a bridge for lights, so Also have REALLY got into my bank account!). There are issues with the Ultra base not recording either! Not entirely sure why yet, a positive step was to remove all schedules from all devices, that made a big difference to stability, but every few days the Ultra Base stops recording. To fix the problem, I power cycle both bases, the bridge doesn't seem to be affected.
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
I wouldn’t be surprised if they broke it on purpose so customers like me felt compelled to pay for their service. Would not surprise me at all based on Arlo/Netgear’s lack of response, and in correlation, the way they treat their customers. Seems obvious to me
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I appreciate what seems to me like a canned response to an issue that Arlo does not want to publicly talk about. I believe all of us have been very patient and understanding. This is beyond waiting for the developement team to investigate the issues we are having and then get back to us at a later date. I am on week four here. I don't see how it can take this long if a fix cannot be deployed within a reasonable time to at least put together a PR statement so we are not left in the dark. This is a camera security system. As Advertised (Copied and pasted from you web site)

Arlo Pro 2

When it comes to security, trust a Pro. The next level 1080p HD security camera with total flexibility.

This is what you advertise on your web site and since the firmware update that you pushed on us as well as the june 5th one.  That statement above is false to alot of your existing customers and new customers. We appreciate you responding back but I think the majority of us would like to have a better response. Not one that is dismissive to our legitimate concerns effecting the questionability of your camera security system. I do thank you for at least responding back.

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

My external 1TB got corrupted and then I could not format it with the Arlo base station. I had to format it on my Mac and now it works again. Base Station continues to go offline. 

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

My external 1TB got corrupted and then I could not format it with the Arlo base station. I had to format it on my Mac and now it works again. Base Station continues to go offline. 

Keck
Star
Star
I received my refurbished VMB4000r3 base yesterday. I’ll post more about that later.. just wanted to know is everyone received the firmware update of 1.12.1.3 - 2762

When I received the new refurbished base it look a few minutes to update firmware
NicheFarmer
Star
Star

FYI, One of my base stations updated by itself overnight with no problem. The other base station told me it needed an update when I checked it but the update kept failing. I rebooted it (power switch) and it updated itself fine.

alstar
Star
Star

Hi,

I just wondered how people could tell their base station was offline at a given time?

Is there a way of seeing? how would one know that it was going offline except by missing recordings where they knew something had happened.

Thank you

NicheFarmer
Star
Star

My observations:

• Missing videos when you know there was activitiy. Sometimes these show up on the USB storage if the problem really was network connectivity.
  • Base stations lights orange particularly the first one on the left (which usually turns orange during a reboot) and the middle one (indicating it can't connect to the internet. I have also seen the middle one fully off (which means no internet connection). However, I have seen them green (fully operating) with center light flashing (transmitting to internet) but no videos showing up on the cloud. You can also look at the network traffic level (if you have the right network equipment). Mine shows 1-2 Mbs traffic when it is actually transmitting videos.
  • App telling you the base station is offline when you known the network is working (other devices on the network are working). This sometimes happens transiently (for a few seconds to a minute) depending on your nework.

I also set the Base Station Flicker Adjustment set to 60 Hz (or 50 that is what your power is). When the random reboots occur, it gets reset to Auto.

skismx5
Guide
Guide

I'm in the smae boat as alstar. How do you know if and when your unit is offline?

Aliballibee
Aspirant
Aspirant

We purchased a 3 camera system in March 2019 and added a 4th Camera in May 2019. The system has worked very well in this short period but in the last month the base station / router has twice lost contact with the internet router. This resulted in a 2hr round trip, to our elderly parents house, to reset the system. In both cases the internet router was operational and internet available. The base station / router is hard wired to the internet router. 

The base station doesn't seem to have the ability to reconnect without it physically being reset. Is this likely to be a faulty base station / router?? Any thoughts / comments welcomed.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aliballibee wrote:

The base station doesn't seem to have the ability to reconnect without it physically being reset. Is this likely to be a faulty base station / router?? Any thoughts / comments welcomed.

A lot of times it is a timing issue between the router and the base as to who boots up properly/faster.

If the base comes up first, it may not connect as you know.

Fixes... for remote locations esp.

1) put a ups on the base to keep it powered so cams don't loose sync

2) a Wemo ( smart outlet ) you can control remotely by phone app so you can toggle the power off-on the base to restart if it fails to reboot along with router.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
When my base stations go into the offline state on the arlo web site when I log in there are no icons under each camera for motion or battery or WiFi. There are only each camera picture. Sometimes the camera pictures will each say getting information. And obviously live view won’t work. Also the mode just says getting information. In the iOS app- there are only 2 icons under each camera in devices. The motion and another one. There is no battery icon or WiFi icon. The cameras devices often say getting status and the mode will also say getting information. Live view won’t work and there will be no recordings or notifications when this happens. Sometimes the green internet light on the base will go out completely. Sometimes it will still be on or flicker a little and then go out. In the app or website you won’t be able to remotely restart the base at this time. Nothing will work. Only the library will work. Another indication that the base went offline at some time was in the library when you try to play back a recording and it won’t play and you get the message this operation cannot be completed. That is usually when the base goes offline in the process of making a recording so it was created but then the recording wasn’t actually like made. My base usually goes offline for an hour at a time and then either reboots itself or I can reboot it with a smart switch like amazon smart plug or power cycle it manually if at home. Someone suggested it could be usb drives that are being used in the base stations that cause the base to go offline because of bad firmware. They suggest not using a usb at this time. I unplugged my flash drives in 2’base
stations yesterday and so far haven’t noticed them offline. Usually my bases go offline 1-5 times or more a day. They did go offline yesterday morning before I took the flash drive usbs out but not afterwards. I am not sure if this helps I am still testing this theory but 2 other arlo users said they have experienced the same thing.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ching, IMO your problems are due to a problem on Arlo's end. I have too P/P2 base stations. Although I have the remote format issue and an infrequent offline issue that spans maybe 1 minute, the magitude of your problems point to some issue on Arlo's end. I believe they have a capacity issue and it could be regional.
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hello 97609. Are you using a flash drive in your base stations ? Someone from tech support called me this morning and said I should remove my flash drives. They think this is causing the offline issue. I was told to leave a flash drive in one base and take it out of the other and report to them tomorrow which base will go offline/more.
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

I sure as hell hope that the new firmware, 1.12.2.3_2762, finally solves the offline issues.

Stupot1947
Guide
Guide

@wellfleetion wrote:

I sure as hell hope that the new firmware, 1.12.2.3_2762, finally solves the offline issues.

Mine is updating as we chat!