Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
7-
Aspirant
Aspirant

FOR SOME ODD REASON, MY CAMERA JUST STARTED WORKING AFTER 10 DAYS OF NOTHING, MY INTERNET CONNECTION LIGHT IS STILL BLINKING AND THE PICTURE IS A LITTLE FUZZY WHEN MOVING.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DID, BUT THANK YOU

Keck
Star
Star
Yes, I think is has to do with them removing the Arlo Basic and making it Arlo Smart. Seems like server problems and firmware updates not compatible.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the Internet LED is green and blinking, that just means data exchange between the base and servers is working - it's normal, just as with activity on your router. The Camera LED blinking means there's a low signal between a camera and the base. Repositioning the base and/or camera will fix that.

EBranch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep, I keep getting this just about every time I click to watch a live feed on any of my 8 cameras. So annoying!
Js68street
Star
Star
Same problem here seems like the timezone issue has been fixed but now it has been replaced by the system going offline. This system is pointless if I can't count on it 24-7 I don't need hit and miss security
Apprentice
Apprentice
I don't think the issues are systemwide at this point as my cams are functioning fine. Exception is remote formatting of USB drives.
NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

96709 (Apprentice),

Curious, what kind of Router do you have?

Apprentice
Apprentice
Netgear. BTW your problems have nothing to do with your networking set up not ISP. They are Arlo cloud issues IMO. Of course the mods would want to make you do some BS work and blame it on your network or some settings. However I think the problem is not systemwide any longer as my cams run fine.
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

I could not dissagree more that, "...the problem is not systemwide any longer as my cams run fine." Obviously by all the reports it is and always have been since the update at the end of May. Also, my cam is in a high traffic area and is set to 120 record time and is basically recording constantly and so it's easy to note when my cam is not recording. If your cam is in a low traffic area, then I would imagine there is a good chance you may not notice when a cam is not recording and offline. 

fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice
I only started having issues with the base station going offline for seemingly no reason on Friday last week. We had the same issue yesterday and then again this morning. Luckily today it was just before we were about to head off to work and I power-cycled the base station which appeared to resolve the issue. Resetting the base station through the app did SFA. However I would note that when the base station was apparently “offline” all the lights on the front of the unit were solid green. This makes me think that it’s yet ANOTHER base station firmware issue, possibly introduced when they were trying to resolve other issues like the time zone change.

We’re not at home during the day to fix issues in this way and the safety of our dogs and security of our house is being compromised because of these ongoing issues. Not happy, not happy at all.

Can someone please elaborate on how to make a formal complaint about these issues?
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
That’s great @96709 - you are one single person out of everyone who owns this system who “doesn’t have an issue”..... you probably have an issue and don’t even know it.

I’ve been through 3x VMB4000 base stations for the pro 2 cameras and all 3 have exhibited the same behavior.

Either you are extremely lucky with the only golden calf base station unaffected by these issues - or, more likely, you have issues and don’t even know it. So for the sake of every other Arlo owner please stop saying there is no issue - THERE IS ISSUES
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

our base stations keep going offline also

we got an inexpesive smart plus to be able to power cycle the base remotely becuase the interent still works - its just the base not connecting but power cycle gets it back. i have to keep checking my app throughout the day- its not always obvious the base is in the offline state- just the little wifi and battery icons are missing under each camera and the mode is getting information. we have not heard that there is any time for a fix for this problem and it has bean going on for weeks. we were told by one person in arlo tier 2 tech that this is their highest priotiy but that was about a week ago - not really sure what is going on. cannot really get a straight answer. there is no message on this from arlo community moderators. 

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

My base was offline this AM and the middle light was flashing yellow. It came back on 45 min later. Keeps happening and I will keep posting until filxed, Arlo/Netgear.

maggie6983
Tutor
Tutor

Escalating problems, full system taken down, cameras and base station removed..all rest and readied.,,goes offline 3-4x/72hrs... now with 54 false “person” detections, many false animal detections... 124 false detections in ~12hrs... on one camera, when only environmental issue gentle breeze in bushes... reported to Tier 2 support, which only allows still image upload so you can’t send actual examples...no response from Tier 2 tech support... and sever unavailable error when trying to submit... so sent via email.  Something has changed..this used to work fairly well...now a disaster and silence from Arlo.

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

My base station has been offline since 7:43 PM and it now 8:28 PM. The base stations middle light is not lit up at all but the other two on the left and right hand side are. Obviously there have been no recordings either.

Great "security" system as this has been happening for over a month now!

***? Glad I invested in such a "premium" product costing premium dollars. 

*** Arlo/Netgear? How about a response or listing these issues on your website? There is STILL NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apprentice
Apprentice

I understand your frustration. If you read my previous posts I was in the same boat until last Friday. My cams are mostly in high traffic areas and I know what's a normal average count and it exceeds yours by a multiple. I don't have any problems and would be aware of any as I monitor the library videos and time stamps constantly. I'm providing an important accurate and fair data point when I could easily not visit this forum since my situation is solved. Don't shoot the messenger. As they say in the hood "I'm out this *****" when leaving a situation or place I elected to stay and help.

WLynne
Aspirant
Aspirant

In all fairness to 96709, I would like to state that I advised the group June 5th and 10th that  in my particular case my Base Station had finally stopped shutting down and my time zone no longer defaulted to Pacific Time. Yes it was annoying I did contact Arlo Support who confirmed that they could see my base was off.  I was given a  case number and recently received a follow inqhuiry.  

drdoom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using Arlo Pro 2 base station connecting 5 cameras. My base station is connected to my internet router directly using LAN cable. But since May 2019, my base station constantly goes offline (with middle LED indicator off) numerous times a day and sometimes it suddenly reboots by itself. My iPhone app also shows the base station has gone offline.

It is totally annoying. I am very disappointed in buying these unstable expensive systems. What is going on at all and how to fix it?

Mystere
Guide
Guide

Same issue here. I'm having to reset system daily because of amber internet light stating no internet connection, this is getting ridiculous.  I've tried all suggestions on the forums and only wayo to get system back online is resetting base station daily.

fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice
...and my base station is offline AGAIN.

I hope Arlo/Netgear are well into this issue because (to me) it’s FAR worse than the time zone change. At least you could rectify that issue without being at home.
fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Actually, maybe it was a firmware upgrade because it’s back online now. My base station is (now?) running firmware version 1.12.2.2_2754. How about everyone else?
Dannybear
Master
Master
You’re about a week behind the times,

07-06-2019 01:15 AM
Arlo Base Station VMB4000 - 1.12.2.2_2754 - 7th June 2019
Release Details:
Arlo Base Station VMB4000 - 1.12.2.2_2754
Highlights:
Time Zone Fix
fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Fantastic. Although I haven’t had the time zone issue for over a week now...
Dnd3825
Aspirant
Aspirant
First generation 2 cameras go offline everyday. I don't stay home everyday and can't reset. This is horrible that I can't monitor my home remotely. Is that not what I paid for. Any suggestion would be appreciated before I flush this money and change systems. Can even try to sell them with a good conscience knowing they don't work..
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

It seems like there is a pattern... At least in the AM. Mine seems to go offline every AM inbetween 7:20 AM and 7:30AM and stays offline and then comes back inbetween 8:30 AM and 9AM. This happens every morning and I notice it because I am not busy at these times.