Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is from the time zone issue. The time zone issues have been resolved but the offline issues have not. My Arlo pro went offline at 7:22 am and still is at 8:52 am!!!!
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine stopped recording from 7:22 am and just started again at 9:06 am. It appeared to be online though but not recording
breadvan579
Aspirant
Aspirant

The setup has worked perfectly for circa 18 months.  3 Camera setup.

Then at the end of April the base station has been offline.  When I log into the browser or iPhone Apps I get the message the base station requires a firmware update, which of course I instruct it to do, but no joy after leaving for an hour.

My only option is to turn it off and then get back into the same loop.

Please advise.

brh
Master
Master

@breadvan579,

Usually upplugging the power to the base then plugging it back in works for me.

Brian

LuckyArlo
Star
Star

I’m having this offline issue serveral times a day for many weeks now.  I have resetted my arlo base in the back pin hole with a paper clip. Deleted all my cameras and setup as new. I’m still having same problem. The only temporary fix is to cycle the power on the Arlo Base but problems still comes back like always. I never had this problem prior to the firmware update. I have called support and still havent fixed this issue. 

LuckyArlo
Star
Star

Mine also goes offline several times a day. I have resetted the back of the Arlo Base pin hole with a paper clip and setup all my cameras as new again. Im still have the same issue. I have called support several times now and still can’t fix this problem.

Geordie405
Tutor
Tutor

Exactly same issue here.  Base station went offline yesterday and again today.  Yesterday it seemed to recover automatically after an hour or so.  Today, I power cycled it.  Really frustrating that there are these ongoing issues with what is meant to be a home security system.  Reliability shoud be paramount, but it isn't. 

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
My base station arlo pro has bean going offline a lot lately but this morning it did something new. All the lights all 3 were green - on the base but the app said getting status and there were no notifications or videos for over an hour and we had bean in front of the camera the whole time. So it just seems to get frozen - it goes offline but the app doesn’t say offline and the lights don’t show that it’s offline. We power cycled the base and it came right back. Someone suggested that you can get a smart plug for when the base or if the base does go offline and you are not at home you can power cycle it remotely. This is not s permanent fix but it is good for emergency situations. Hopefully arlo engineers are aware there is an offline issue that needs to be fixed and they will read about all the people whose base stations are still going offline and fix it soon with a firmware update!!!!!!!
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Our arlo pro base is still going offline several time a day. App doesn’t say it’s offline and sometimes all lights can be green but the base gets frozen for an hour or so. Sometimes it will power cycle itself back one after some time. Other times we power cycle it after an hour. Arlo please fix this offline issue for base stations soon !!!!!
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
I notice mine has hour long recording gaps throughout the day and night, even after this “update”. My 1 cam is in a high movement area and I have sound and motion (sound set to 3 and motion at 100%) set to trigger a 2 minute record (usb 1 TB hard drive plugged into base station). I always get a recording during the day every few minutes. There are several times through the day still where an hour or more will go by and there are no recordings captured, there are big gaps. I spend more time worrying if my “security” system is working when I should not be thinking about it at all. Ridiculous!
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have not noticed any problems except for more frequent than desired intermittent cam off line messages. The cams and base stations are not really offline. Instead the problem is consistent with past cloud problems. The other issue is no remote format of USB local drive. All these problems should be resolved within a few hours if Arlo is to be considered a true security product. It's more like a toy IMO. But at least it's fun tioning better than before.
agentthumb
Apprentice
Apprentice

There's a new version of the firmware released recently (between the 5th and the 7th) to address timezone. I haven't had any success with the firmware upgrade as trying to update on my phone and computer results in nothing happening. 

Has anyone else had success updating to version 1.12.2.2 on their base station?

EDIT: Hard power cycle at the base station fixed this issue.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok obtaining library issue says arlo is working on it.
No comms to base again. Just thought I would share attached.
WLynne
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have firmware 1 12 22 2754
So far so good
NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just sent this email update to my case via support email and customer support email:

Arlo Team (PLEASE READ):

Update on my case which is still not resolved:

I have the new firmware. 1.12.2.2_2754. It did fix the Timezone issue (only), but not the underlying problem.

The base station restarts or becomes unresponsive multiple times per day... causing it to miss recordings, and when it comes back many default settings are reset (time zone was only one of them!). The firmware fixes the time zone only. The Base unit still goes offline and other less noticeable default settings that reset to default (flicker adjustment back to auto for example) still happens and recordings are lost.

The biggest issue for me, is that when the unit is offline, it does not record video and creates a security exposure.

Example:
Today I noticed at about 6:30AM Eastern this  morning that the unit had 2 green bars (one on each side). The bar in the middle was not on at all. It was like this for about 1 hour.
I tested during this time if my cameras were recording and they were not. I confirmed my internet and router were operational and on line during this time period that the Base was in this state. This happens several times per day to the Base station. When the unit comes back, the new firmware update I have does now prevent the timezone from going back to the default (Pacific) but that is the only thing which was fixed that I can tell. The various other issues users are reporting when the base station goes into this state are STILL NOT resolved.

Please provide an update.

Graygeez
Initiate
Initiate

Well, I don't have the time zone glitch anymore since the firmware update - but like everybody else, I have a regular spot every morning (Uk time) when I have no recordings - between 4&6am which was the time I caught somebody trying all the car doors on my street a few weeks ago. The police were impressed with the video quality (thumbs up for Arlo/Netgear) - now please fix this latest problem. 

alstar
Star
Star

@Graygeez wrote:

Well, I don't have the time zone glitch anymore since the firmware update - but like everybody else, I have a regular spot every morning (Uk time) when I have no recordings - between 4&6am which was the time I caught somebody trying all the car doors on my street a few weeks ago. The police were impressed with the video quality (thumbs up for Arlo/Netgear) - now please fix this latest problem. 

Hi, I just wondered how you knew it went offline? I would like to check to see if mine goes off as well.

It is crazy 4-6am are probably some of the most improtant hours for it to be operational!

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hello we are in the same boat. We have tried 2 different routers. 3 different base stations. They all go offline randomly. Sometimes the internet light in the middle is off. Sometimes it’s flickering or still on. But the base is in an offline state for about an hour The app iOS doesn’t say it’s offline just getting status message. No recordings or notifications at this time. Sometimes one of the bases we tested would power cycle itself back on after a few minutes or an hour. The other ones would not and would need to be manually power cycled back on. Every other device on the internet is ok it’s jus the arlo base That is not connecting. This offline or frozen state would happen anywhere from 1-5 or more times a day. Every day since the last firmware update in May. It’s bean going on for @ 2-3weeks. Almost everyone I talk to at arlo support says they are not aware of the problem and it’s not an issue which is extremely frustrating and very hard on the consumer because of the man hours and money we have spent replacing different things around the house trying to get the base station to work. There are hundreds of online posts in the community about this issue. Arlo tech support has absolutely no idea about any of the issues plaguing the base stations - like also the usb not formatting so we almost bought another usb flash drive thinking ours was broken. However -Sometimes arlo tier 2 customer support is more knowledgeable about the current issues. We had a very hard time getting to talk to teir 2 customer support we were promised a call back many times but didn’t get to talk to them until we demanded to be transferred to them. It seems that Tier 2 tech support is the ones who report to the engineering department and are aware of all the issues. They also read the community posts so they know that many people are reporting on this issue. If your base keeps going offline I would try to suggest keep posting about it and try to talk to someone in the tier 2 tech support. They are the ones who can communicate with the people who do the firmware updates it seems and will be able to provide any update on the situation
NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sorry in advance for the long post... just trying to help .

Response from Customer Service to the email I posted earlier on the BASE station still going offline (even though timezone issue is fixed in the firm update).   First, they responded that they have sent my email to Level 3 support for review.   Now I just recieved this email from Customer Service:

As per our Level 3 Tech, there's an open ticket already on the issue that you are currently experiencing. They were able to forward your feedback to our Engineering team. I'll let you know right away once I got an update from them.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any concerns, please let me know.

Again, here is what I told them in my original email:

Arlo Team (PLEASE READ):

Update on my case which is still not resolved:

I have the new firmware. 1.12.2.2_2754. It did fix the Timezone issue (only), but not the underlying problem.

The base station restarts or becomes unresponsive multiple times per day... causing it to miss recordings, and when it comes back many default settings are reset (time zone was only one of them!). The firmware fixes the time zone only. The Base unit still goes offline and other less noticeable default settings that reset to default (flicker adjustment back to auto for example) still happens and recordings are lost.

The biggest issue for me, is that when the unit is offline, it does not record video and creates a security exposure.

Example:
Today I noticed at about 6:30AM Eastern this  morning that the unit had 2 green bars (one on each side). The bar in the middle was not on at all. It was like this for about 1 hour.
I tested during this time if my cameras were recording and they were not. I confirmed my internet and router were operational and on line during this time period that the Base was in this state. This happens several times per day to the Base station. When the unit comes back, the new firmware update I have does now prevent the timezone from going back to the default (Pacific) but that is the only thing which was fixed that I can tell. The various other issues users are reporting when the base station goes into this state are STILL NOT resolved.

Please provide an update.

ependi_ependi
Aspirant
Aspirant

after the last update (June 6, 2019 ago), the time saving zone problem was successfully resolved and my arlo pro system time zone setting remained at UTC +07.00 until now (June 11, 2019). However, for setting the AC Current Flicker Adjustment, the flicker still jump and every day returns to the Auto frequency (60 Hz) which should be at 50 Hz.

Please input or comment from other friends.

thanks.

meat_puppet
Guide
Guide

I'm just curious, has anyone tried doing a "factory reset" on their system, disconnected everything and started back at page one? If so, how were the results?  I know it's a huge inconvenience, but so is no overnight recordings. I'm considering taking this step but don't want to waste my time. Due to their deafening silence on what is clearly a major issue, I'm not super confident that Arlo is going to get us a fix anytime soon. I may have to get a couple of Blink cameras to fill the gap, and then return them if Arlo ever get's their sh!t together. 

Muchkin
Star
Star

I did a factory reset.  Removed all devices and reinstalled everything from scratch.  It seemed to improve things for a day or two.  But I'm still noticing intermittent offline issues, although they seem shorter in duration.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hello. There seems to be an issue with arlo pro base stations going offline. We have tried 4 different bas stations , 2 routers different cables. We have done numerous factory resets re syncing cameras etc. don’t waste your time. There is probably some kind of a software issue. When the base is offline sometimes all 3 lights are still green. Sometimes the internet light goes out. You can report the issue to tier 2 tech support but teir one doesn’t seem to know anything about the issue and will have you running in circles and getting nowhere. This issue is for the arlo pro base station the vmb 4000 model. I don’t know about other models. If more people can report the issue hopefully someone will listen and address the issue soon. I think it would be better of arlo to come out publicly to let people know there is an issue rather then let tech support tier 1 just keep telling people to reset their bases when their is an known issue.
Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Arlo Pro and Pro 2 (Total  7 cameras) are all offline again. This is the 20th time today.

Some cameras are permanently displaying "This Arlo device is offline" and won't even reconnect.

I climedup and snyc'd my camera this morning and lost connection again. FML.

I'm also getting 5 cameras max language for no reason.

!@#$ U ARLO!!!!

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Similiar to last night, my Arlo Pro 2 Cam went offline at 7:28 PM and has been off ever since. It did the same thing at 7:22 PM last night and came back on right about this time, 9ish. But regardless, Arlo doesn't even mention these issues on their website and seem to not take these cams seriously. These are people's security cams!!!!! And they aren't working and haven't been for almost a month now!!!!!!!!!!!!  Premium priced cameras, btw!!!!!!!!! Netgear certainly doesn't seem to care.