Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
This seems like exactly what we have to do. Unplug the power to the base and then plug it back in. Then it comes back online. This all started after the last update. With many people posting how is it that 2 people at arlo tech level 2 support said they are unaware of any offline issue ?
Dannybear
Master
Master
@RB321
The lockup I have is that the base program thread gets held in a continuous loop and does not devote time to other tasks.
I see this when I use the web portal to restart the base it tells me the firmware is busy communicating to a camera.
Regards this firmware behaviour, it is consistent with the previous firmware they rolled back due to the same issues.
RB321
Apprentice
Apprentice

Personally, I have never seen that fault with mine, seems the base station issue causes different things to happen at different locations. If this was a "patch" to fix previous issues..hopefully third time lucky!

RB321
Apprentice
Apprentice
I was thinking that the other day, the first Arlo system when it was released was trouble free. It seems as the whole system has got more advanced, the stability has significantly decreased, to the point where it is unreliable as a piece of kit to which it was purchased for.
Sheppeyboy
Guide
Guide

Got same problem with two base stations, keeps resetting to Pacific time and I am in uk😱 when this happens all cameras don’t record movement and there no records created for some reason yet I can manually record an image and it goes straight into library, fix it now as this is so annoying - is anyone from Netgear/Arlo listening to these problems?

Djam311
Star
Star

@TomMac wrote:

Only lately due to a bug...I hear a fix is on the way

I hope you are right. Is this inside info, or just wishful thinking? 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our team is aware of reports that some customers may be experiencing an issue in which the time zone changes to the default setting of Pacific Standard Time within the Arlo app. We have investigated this bug and our team is working on a resolution.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We will provide you an update by 3PM PT/June 6, 2019.

Thank you,

Arlo Team

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

hello moderator 

are you is your team also aware that base stations can go offline ? please upadate on this issue  thanks

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

If the base was resetting to factory defaults, then why is the only thing that's changed the time zone?
It still remembers all of my cameras and other settings.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I suspect that what is being said by arlo is that the time zone in the base is being altered by the App. Which App is not stated, it suggests all Apps iOS and android including web portal as well as previous versions as I was getting TZ changes when using the previous App version.
I suspect the answer will be the arlo server is changing the TZ. I just pulled my internet cable from the base just prior to my normal TZ time change time and then restored it after and the base came back normally without the change of TZ or the usual lockup.
Nhcowboy28
Aspirant
Aspirant
In addition to the time zone issue, now all my cameras show recording status all the time now but no video or notifications even after case restarts.

This is awesome.
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
JessicaP
My arlo pro base Station has gone offline 3 times so far today. Every time the internet light goes off on the Base. The app just says getting status and although it doesn’t say offline there are no recordings or notifications. I can power cycle base to get it back online. Can you please provide an update is arlo tech support aware that base stations are also going offline with the time zone issue. And is this something they can fix with an update? Thanks. This has bean going on for weeks and we have tried everything we can. We would really appreciate any kind of update from arlo regarding this issue.
daytonagal1
Star
Star
Why does the time zone keep changing?
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hello. In our case we have tried the temporary fix of creating a custom mode and the base is still going offline - or stuck in getting status. The internet light in the middle of the base goes out. No recordings or notifications. We have also tried it in the armed mode and that also didn’t help. The only thing that will fix is power cycling the base. We have to do this a few times a day as this keeps happening. It happens 1-5 or more times a day. Bean going on since last firmware update around 2 weeks ago. 😩
Djam311
Star
Star

@JessicaP wrote:

Our team is aware of reports that some customers may be experiencing an issue in which the time zone changes to the default setting of Pacific Standard Time within the Arlo app. We have investigated this bug and our team is working on a resolution.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We will provide you an update by 3PM PT/June 6, 2019.

Thank you,

Arlo Team

The main issue is the base station is going offline on it's own multiple times a day. It would be nice if you also commented on this problem since you did not mention it in your post. 10 pages of people complaining of this and you only mention the time zone issue.

Cleid
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issues with base station changing time zone
vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Dannybear , You mentioned " ...  I just pulled my internet cable from the base just prior to my normal TZ time change time ..". Out of curiosity, how have you determined "when" the TZ change is going to happen. For me, the change seems very random times... sometimes multiple times a day . thanks.

davidkyw2
Guide
Guide

So many cases reported and, yet not even a single response from Arlo.

I think we need to take it to the press.  Or form some sort of FB groups to mount pressure to Arlo.

At least they should fall back to the last working firmware.

davidkyw2
Guide
Guide

@Sussexdude1 wrote:
Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

Not only / not exactly at midnight.   It seems random -- several times a day.

davidkyw2
Guide
Guide

It is appalling that Arlo's "System Status" page is reporting "No Incident" over the past days, when in fact the system is chaotic!!

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

@davidkyw2 wrote:

It is appalling that Arlo's "System Status" page is reporting "No Incident" over the past days, when in fact the system is chaotic!!

Everyone has their own standards. Arlo has theirs, we all have ours. Arlo thinks screwing with people's properties is fine, to us it's criminal.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@vizsla4084
Fair question to ask, my TZ change and lockup’s appears to be consistent at the same daily time similar to others mentioned in other threads.
I admit that I can’t know for certain since I don’t have the internet connection to the base active at the time obviously due to the nature of the test. It would be nice if others can test this in a similar way to confirm the same outcome. Just pull the internet cable for the base five minutes before and replace five minutes after the expected time it normally changes.
To explain why you and others are getting the issue more often at random times, i can only speculate.
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Yes it’s not right that there is no notice on the arlo status page about incidents we all have. We also have the problem of the usb not formatting. I tried in 2 different base stations and my usb wouldn’t format. I was about to go out and buy a new one. Until I found out from someone that is also an issue arlo is having since the update. It’s very frustrating not to hear anything from arlo regarding the offline issue and what I have heard when I call is they said they are not aware of any issue. That their test base doesn’t have this issue. In my case I paid for arlo to replace my base station the shipping cost and I went out and bought a new base station because I was told there was no issue and it was just my base. I have tried many different things basically all at my own cost and time energy climbing up ladders etc. if arlo would just let people know even if there is a potential problem it would be much better for customers instead of keeping people totally in the dark. I cannot think of any other company or device that works this way or that has this many problems. A base station going offline multiple times a Day is a pretty serious problem that many people are reporting. Arlo should at the very least acknowledge they are looking into it.
Muchkin
Star
Star

Hello,

I'm also having the same issue.  Almost daily I'll notice the time zone changes from EST to PST.  Sometimes it'll still record, but I'll notice it's the wrong time.  I also notice my cameras seem to go offline more often lately.  I usually turn off the base station, wait about 30 seconds, and then turn it back on.  It helps a bit, but it's not a permanent solution.  

Currently running firmware 1.12.2.1_2798.  I don't recall when the last firmware update was.

I hope Arlo sees this thread and fixes this issue soon!

davidkyw2
Guide
Guide

Arlo should, at least, acknowledge this issue and give us their intention to solve the problem.

@Sussexdude1 wrote: