Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
skismx5
Guide
Guide

I have the time zone reset to pacific just about every day. I called in and they want me to bring all five cameras next to the base unit and reset the unit and all cameras. Since I need to get a ladder out to do this it will take about three hours from start to finish. I don't believe this will fix the problem.

Has anyone done this process and it worked for them. 

I asked for a customer ticket and was told one would be sent to me. I have received an email from them. 

Horrible system and service.

John-Paul
Guide
Guide
Yep
Received my new basestation because I’m still under warranty and having the same problems this weekend jun1to 3rd 2019

I just lost the shipping fee... it was useless getting a newer basestation mine does the same things... it’s an issue that needs to get fixed ASAP
John-Paul
Guide
Guide
No one for the tech told me that:(
Just sent out a replacement unit Which didn’t help:(
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hello. We have tried 3 base stations and 2 different routers. Different Ethernet cables etc. They keep going offline. We have ours in just the armed mode. No schedule because the schedule didn’t work. It would change itself to disarmed. Do you mean create a custom mode and use that ?
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

Hello we have tried 3 different base stations. 2 of them brand new. 2 different routers. We are using Comcast. We are only using the armed mode. We never had offline problems before the update. All our other devices are online. It’s just the bad station it goes offline and can not reconnect until power cycled. I was wondering if we all have anything else in common. We use Comcast internet. We are in Bay Area. Do you think for sure it’s the arlo software ? Why don’t more people have this problem? I called and was told level t2 support would call me back within 24 hours 2!times. No one ever called me back. !!!!

NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Don't waste your time... early on I had tried reboot/restart. power off reset, and deleting the base station, re-installing it, and re-synching all cameras (9).  It did nothing.  This is a bug on their end. I have to say, I have never seen such horrible technical support in my life. Just the fact that they asked you to do that when "supposedly" this is a known bug on their side is mind boggling. The people that answer the phones and create tickets either have no tools with which to research what has already been done, or... are completely incompetent.  I believe the answer is BOTH.

I am seriously questioning the long term viability of Arlo, something just does not seem right here. They could not possibly be this horrible.

alstar
Star
Star

Indeed. Something does seem amiss here. I wonder if they have somehow 'bricked' the base stations and they are trying to resolve it before resorting to having to replace them all?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the Armed mode doesn't work, a custom one almost assuredly won't, either. SInce you've used 3 bases (a complete fresh install each time?), I would try a different email address for a new account on the chance the account has a problem. WHen offline, what are the LEDs on the base showing?

Klosterman
Aspirant
Aspirant
What sucks for us is we purchased 2 of these systems, 7 cameras, 7 solar chargers. We've had an issue with a neighbor, who is constantly violating the Court Order Restraining Order to stay away from my wife. The system worked great and flawlessly a year ago when we first purchased it, and was instrumental in catching this nutcase Stalking her and our Home. Now the system is proving unreliable, and we have had neighbors see him violate the distance order repeatedly, but go to the cameras only to find out the system went offline at the time he was seen. I'm on another year subscription for Support, but I am very disappointed with the lack there of. If this hurts us catching this idiot, and having him Court ordered removed from the community, I believe a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT would be appropriate.
Klosterman
Aspirant
Aspirant
What sucks for us is we purchased 2 of these systems, 7 cameras, 7 solar chargers. We've had an issue with a neighbor, who is constantly violating the Court Order Restraining Order to stay away from my wife. The system worked great and flawlessly a year ago when we first purchased it, and was instrumental in catching this nutcase Stalking her and our Home. Now the system is proving unreliable, and we have had neighbors see him violate the distance order repeatedly, but go to the cameras only to find out the system went offline at the time he was seen. I'm on another year subscription for Support, but I am very disappointed with the lack there of. If this hurts us catching this idiot, and having him Court ordered removed from the community, I believe a Cl.... Ac....n La.s..t would be appropriate.
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

we have treid 2 different routers and 3 different base stations 5 or 6 ethernet cables we have tried assigning the base a fixed ip putting in the dmz of the router but our base stations keep going offline. sometimes it will just have the internet light go out and the app says getting status for all the cameras and base. other times the light for the internet goes to amber and then it says offline. the only way to get it back online is to power cycle the base. this has bean going on since the firmware update. arlo doesnt say that there is any problem. we are using a comcast xb3 router. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Everybody that mentions a class action lawsuit never opens one.

Opening a case with support and keeping it alive by responding every few days to keep it alive, even with no new info, is the way to change the support metrics. If everyone opened a case, more emphasis would be placed than bitching in a user forum.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

we have 3 different email addresses - one email adress is the main account the other 2 are added profiles. do you think we should just change the email address of the main account? would we need to re add the base station and re cync the cameras or can we just change the email address? we are so tired of shlepping and climbing ladders. 

sometimes the light on the internet goes out completly and the app it says getting status for each camera and for the mode. at this time there is no recordings or notifications but it doesnt say offline.  when this happens its usually for about an hour and then it comes back online

other times with the new base station we are using the light for the internet acutally turns amber and then the app says offline. then it wont go back online by itself

all the times this happens we have other devices online in the internet and everything is working. we have tried changing routers and using a static ip and router dmz. 

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

also i have pre paid for a year of arlo smart premier just a few months ago- although now it says i have a free one year trial. if i change my email adress will my subscription carry over? 

Reetje
Aspirant
Aspirant
And it happend again, even after the 24 hour.
edwinsim
Tutor
Tutor
It served me well for a year, now it keeps going offline and reverting its timezone. I thought i was alone until i saw this thread, even my hardware shop here stop selling Arlo products. Are the support folks looking into this issue? At least give us a response.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Strange that mine just fell over, I wonder who is resetting my base?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@edwinsim wrote:
Are the support folks looking into this issue? At least give us a response.

They should be.

They have also been contacted though "back channels". 

Whether or not that will make any difference and step in here is anybody's guess.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

to jguerdat 

we have deleted our alro smart elite subscription and removed the base station. factory reset it and created a new email adress and arlo account and subscribed to arlo smart premier with the new email adress.  we will try this way is this what you meant? will keep updated.....

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

ARLO  will there be any fix to the time zone proble   ?????????????????

Because this is rediculas that we have to re switch the time issue.

Also when we review the times are different and if we need to us the video for evidence the times are

wrong thus could jepardise and legal issues.  

PLEASE HELP US  NOW   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krystoff
Guide
Guide
Anyone with Twitter and other without please create a twitter account and start tweeting them publically
It’s a disgrace the systems are useless with these time issues
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you contacted Customer Support letting them know the issue still persists?

NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re-posting as a reminder! 

To everyone in this forum... please be sure you are calling in, opening a case number, and calling Arlo at least once a day demanding action.  This needs as much noise as possible.  Especially those that are invested and don't have the luxury to return the devices any longer and will suck it up and keep it if they could just fix the damn issue. I am calling once per day and emailing them multiple times a day.  I know they do get the emails because they read them when I do call in and have gotten some (useless) responses.

Send here:  Arlo Support Case Update: caseupdate@arlo.com, Customer Service: customerservice@arlo.com

In each email I demand further escalation, and I attach this forum thread demanding they review it to understand how bad this situation is.  This may often be falling on deaf ears but I am going to bombard them every chance I get until I at least hear that they give a crap, are trying, and that a fix is being worked on.  I am not sure of any of that rignt now which is mind blowing to me for a company in this business.

Let's not let them off the hook!

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

yes we have called many times they said that t2 level support would call me back within24 hours they told me this 2 times over 4 days and no one has ever called me back i called again this morning and i was told someone would call  me within 3 to 4 hours that was about 4 hours ago. no one ever calls me back. i am trying a suggestion from one arlo community user to delete me account subscription and then sign up again with a new email adress. i canceled my subscription that i had paid a year for but it doesnt even look like i will get a refund. i paid 149$ about 3 months ago.  i have now tried to sign up again with a new user email account and subscription and moved the base to the new email address. i have tried also to create a custom mode as one user suggested we are just trying that one now. 

i have connected 2 base stations currently with different accounts to try and see which one will go offline and what is going on even trying different surge protectors and different usb flash drives. 

NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

All:

Please see this thread.  Sorry to say no end in sight!  Please make sure you have a case opened and keep rasing hell with Arlo support.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Arlo-Pro-2-every-night-changes-time-zone/td-p/1692637/page/...

L2 support was useless. They just recommended I keep changing it back to Eastern time zone until they fix it.   NO ETA for fix.  And what about the lost recordings from the Base Station going off line repeatedly?? Worst customer support ever.