Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
sgniwder
Aspirant
Aspirant
My system changes to Pacific time EVERY night. It seems like with every firmware update my system gets worse. I'm losing recordings. My system doesn't detect things as far away as it once did, etc. I wish this system would go back in time...
NicheFarmer
Star
Star

Just to join the party, I have been having most of these same problems for at least the last week or two:

• Time Zone changed daily, never noticed when but it seems like it is overnight
  • Motion detected by no recordings every sent to the cloud
  • Recordings missing when I know there was activity (probably the same as the above)
  • Base station rebooting. I have seen it reboot for no apparent reason. One of my basestations is even on a UPS.
  • Base station offline when the internet connection is still there.

Maybe I should just leave the time zone on Pacific!

lukesoh18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issues after the latest firmware upgrade. 

This is so frustrating !

Hoping the arlo tech support team is able to provide a fix asap .

willy3000
Initiate
Initiate

Hi All,

I too have the same problem, it keeps changing itself to UTC-08:00 Pacfic Time (US & Canada). I live in Sydney, Australia UTC+10:00.

Support has been useless so far, they need to fix this ASAP

Lodin
Tutor
Tutor
Problem not soled. My basestation starting to reset timezone 2 weeks ago and it still does. Very annoying!!
Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Mine has started doing this again most days, noticed mine changed aroung 07.55am uk time so this must co inside with their midnightcoming up as that was the time of my last recording.

My version info is

Version
Released
3/22/2019
Lodin
Tutor
Tutor
My experience is that they dont stop Recording. It’s just stored with that wrong timestamp so they end up yesterday pending on your Utc zone.
4u
Guide
Guide

Mine stops recording as well as changing the time stamp.

I just walked past 3 cameras and got nothing.

This is an absolute joke. Im ready to pull the whole system down and return it to jb hifi for a full refund. Totally unreliable.

The system is faulty and does not work as advertised. All because of an "update".

It was a solid system but now a useless peice of junk. I feel embarrassed that ive recomended this product to peers.

Im on the nbn and have a solid internet connection, yet arlo is offline?

Today i missed a courier/package been delivered and had to go to the post office after work to pick it up.

This system is starting to cost me time and money!

Not good enough arlo!

NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hesitated doing this as I am skeptical... but.... in the event that Arlo is monitoring this thread and actually doing something on their end.... it has been almost 24 hours and no Time Zone Change back to Pacific.  Before it was happening sometimes twice or 3 times a day.  I hope something they are doing is working.  Has anyone else seen an improvement?  Or is it still happening?

4u
Guide
Guide

No improvement. Its still happening.

Im running on android.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Having same issue, very frustrating. Living in Central Coast. I'm paying Smart Plan and this is unacceptable. I should complain to ACCC.

So many issues and yet Arlo is not doing anything.

SkinnyJeans
Star
Star

Same as everyone else.  Time zone changed regularly, missed recordings, significant lag when trying to log in, system changes modes on its own, geofencing has a mind of its own.  Come on Arlo, two bases here (only using one) 9 cameras and doorbell.  Lots of money spent, Arlo, get it together.

Zoso7
Guide
Guide

Yes, Eastern time to Pacific time every night. This is ridiculous, doesn't this company do ANY testing of the firmware before release? I'm tired of being the customer beta tester. 

ARLO, this is an all hands on deck, get this fixed immediately issue. With the time zone changing every night you have effectively trashed my system.

Here's a thought, at minimum have the software warn the consumer when a firmware revision is implemented so we can monitor for the now expected Arlo deficiencies....Sheesh! 

skismx5
Guide
Guide

This is driving me nuts. It seems to happen if I power my mac down and back up sometimes. Sometime it does it by itself and other times it might be me restarting my mac.  THey need to fix this bug. I'll call in to complain so there is a track record of users not happy.

bketchel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over the last week, my Arlo system has been changing time zone from Eastern to Pacific at some point during every night.  It was between 7:10 and 7:56 this morning so now I have videos up to 10:56 intermingled with the overnight videos because their timestamp is 3 hours earlier than the real time. I can tell because of the amount of daylight on outside videos, for inside it's not as easy. Every day I reset the timezone on the base through Chrome on my computer and then reset the base. The time change appears to stay but then changes again overnight. Sometimes there are videos missing when I know there was activity-maybe when the base resets itself to change timezone??!! What's going on Arlo? There are several things for which we depend on the timestamps on the videos. This makes it unreliable. Fix the bug!

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Anyone having problems with VMB4000r3 base station with Firmware 1.12.2.1_2798?

Ever since the update my base stations has been going offline every 2-3 hours.

Anyone having any problems?

Apprentice
Apprentice

Ive seen some offline instances this today. Seems to be isolated to one cam and its not internet connection related despite the message on the screen. was like the outage last week.

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm also getting "Max 5 cameras" message when viewing 1 camera.

butterballd
Tutor
Tutor

Working on my third day and still no problems. Back to post 40! could be working...... Time will tell. Tomorrow day four.

kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice
@Dearjohn012 wrote:

My camera is going offline every 2-3 hours.

My internet is connected and working fine.

Even after the power cycle, it's still offline.

What should I do? Is Arlo down in Los Angeles area? 

LA area here. I have the same issue! The Base goes offline, the middle LED goes out, wait a few minutes and it'll come back up and after a few hours, it does the same thing.

Just now, the base rebooted by itself.

LotusPoint
Tutor
Tutor

I've contacted a law firm in LA that specializes in these types of suits and they are researching the issue.  I will post if they decide to accept this as a class action.  I gave  Arlo the chance to fix it and they just ignore the issue.  I've recorded all my phone calls with support, I'm done.  

LotusPoint
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same issues even after resetting and resyncing.  Notice that Arlo does not answer the questions in the forum?  I've contacted a law firm in Los Angles to look into noticing Arlo and then creating a class action.  I suggest you record every call you have with Tech support and ask for US-based agents as the agents in India are no help.  Record your calls, keep notes on dates and times!  

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

My base station was out again for 30 min. Missed video recording for 30 min. WTF?!

Apprently, if you don't get any notificaiton your base station is down.

Please report these issues with Arlo. They can't update the firmware if people aren't reporting.

BinaryBuddha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anybody know why the Time Zone keeps changing? I keep having to change it from Pacific Time PST to Hawaii Time HST.

It kind of sucks when you tell a Cop that someone showed up at a certian time and the time on the video is different.

BinaryBuddha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bump... having the same issue...