Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I agree because the base station and recordings become flaky at the time of the time zone change defaulting back to Pacific.  Lost recordings or not even recording. I too believe the time zone change is likely a symptom of the real problem with the base station restarting due to some sort of firmware bug or flaw.  Arlo should fall back to the previous firmware while they figure this out since this is causing it's customer chaos and a security risk. (and they will lose more customers). 

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello

Arlo can you please fix the time zone issue.  I am in Eastern Time Zone  and I set 2 of my base stations to that time.

Then for no apparent reason the time zone switches to Pacific Time Zone thus any recordings now have a different time.

It is happening roughly 5 to 6 times a week  sometimes 2 times during the same 24 hour period.

That does not help me when I want to review the activity and the times are wrong.

On my cameras .......... I get birds chirping at 1:00 AM  and the sun coming up at 3:00 AM  

Come on please fit this issue

Thank you

csalev3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is doing the same... seems to put a stop to recording too until I manually change it back to eastern time

4u
Guide
Guide

Yes, it is extremely frustrating!

Im just glad to have found this forum and to have found im not alone with this issue.

Its been going on for days, why hasn't anything been done?

Its ment to be a security system. Ive always backed arlo spreading the word of a great product but this is a huge let down.

4u
Guide
Guide

I just found the other thread regarding this issue. 55 posts over a week and still no solution.

This forum is not an easy forum to navigate. 

JayEss
Aspirant
Aspirant

The reversion to Pacific time (I am in Eastern) has been going on (for me) for the last week+.  Had same experience with Derrick two days ago to figure out how to stop the constant and random change to Pacific time - which also seems to cause black-out periods and recorded videos showing up out of sequence.  I have had no changes to my system configuration to prompt this.  Eventhough I had reset the system previously to try to resolve, Derrick suggested same.  To oblige, I followed his instructions and removed batteries from every camera, reset the base station using the paper clip factory reset botton, resinstalled everything anew and a few hours later, same problem.  Will return this to Costco if not fixed soon.

JayEss
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes , powercycling or hard rest and reinstall does not work.

arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hope to be able to post a response from the programming team later today. Also want to check back with any of you to see is you are also experiencing a noticeable delay when opening the Library page. Ever since this problem with the base it takes much longer to populate the page with the clips. Anyone else seeing this as well?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating an issue with the time zone changing on its own. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding.

vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, I also see a MUCH slow refresh time, or time to populate teh clips , ever since this issue with teh base started.

arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just received this from senior management:

"I really appreciate you sharing these findings but I also want you to know, again, that we have heard about reports of this from other customers and we are attacking this from a Support standpoint and engineering efforts are already underway."

KYANG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have the same model vmb4000r3.

The base station will auto restart and reset the timezone to utc-08:00, pacific time. My location is utc +08:00 kl/singpore.

Please kindly advice.
KYANG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all, my base station is vmb4000r3.

It has been auto reset every night and stop recording for a couple of hours. In addition, after the reatarting, the timezone is reset utc-08:00, pacific. My location os utc+08:00, kl/singapore.

Hope the arlo team is able to resolve this quickly. It is causing far too much inconvenience and distress.

Disappointed.
Erock218
Guide
Guide
Just would like to remind everyone that people have been reporting time zone changing issues since October 2018. If you think they will fix it anytime soon I have bad news for you.
dshaver412
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same time zone issue with my Arlo Pro Base Station.  Ever since the firmware update, my base station resets to Pacific Time every 2-3 days.  I have to go into the app to change it back to Central Time.  Very Frustrating!

Also, my geofencing is not working properly any more.  I have my iOS 12.3.1 set to "Always Allow" for Arlo, but when I enter the geofencing zone, the system does not recognize me.  I have to open the iOS app and manually switch to another mode, then back to geofencing.  Then the app will update and recognize me in the zone and disarm the system...

linda185new
Star
Star

Are you also addressing the problem of the base station going offline?

butterballd
Tutor
Tutor

Either they fixed it or I am heading to day two with no change. Will see if it keeps going with no change...

theITrebel
Guide
Guide

I'm fighting the same issue now with the new firmware. My timezone constantly shifts back to Pacific and screws up my recordings. I'm extremely ticked that I have so much invested in this system now and this is the crappy service I'm getting....especially since I'm a PAYING SUBSCRIBER and not just using the free tier.

8 cameras and base stations, plus mounts etc and I have invested a heap of money that I may as well have gone and burned at this point with the way performance has been lately.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER ARLO!

lothi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here: The base station restarts unmotivated in between. Often the time zone is reset and data is lost. 

lothi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looking at the fact that the obvious programming error exists since quite some time without any obvious action should lead to some community effort: Spread the news in the internet with corresponding ratings of the product at the various portals.

csalev3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m still having the time change problem. Stops recording, and occasionally my base station’s power light will go orange. Please help, getting to be extremely frustrating. Starting to lose trust that it’s doing it’s job while I’m away.
agentthumb
Apprentice
Apprentice

They don't care about us as they've already taken our cash. 

Hit them where it hurts their bottom line, leave a review in your app store against the product. I did today, telling people to expect a headache every time a software update is shoved down your throat.

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

My camera is going offline every 2-3 hours.

My internet is connected and working fine.

Even after the power cycle, it's still offline.

What should I do? Is Arlo down in Los Angeles area? 

arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is SO DAMN FRUSTRATING - base just reset itself and changed back to PACIFIC TIME and stopped recording videos. I truly don't understand why they are not working around the clock to fix this.

xstanx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same time zone issue with my Arlo Pro Base Station.  

When the firmware update, my base station resets to +8:00 to -8:00. 

It is very annoying to check the records. How to fix it?