Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station does not connect to the internet through my new Netgear 8-Port Gigabit Switch.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
RFNCW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated my wifi and now my Arlo Pro base station doesn't connect with the internet through my Netgear Ethernet 8-Port switch.  The DOES connect to the internet if I hook it directly to the router.  Unfortunately, the router only has one output. Anyone has idea why and/or solutions??  Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds like a switch or cabling problem. Assuming anything else works when connected to the switch, I'd try switching ports on the switch as well as using a different cable. Be sure both ends are fully seated. WHen the cable is connected and the base is on, you will likely see an amber LED on the switch port indicating a 100Mbps connection - if not, that has to be fixed first.

RFNCW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately, I already tried switching cables as well as switching ports.  It's a no go.  The switch is good because other connections are working.  What I do have is a solid green light at the port.    Does that give us any further information?

Thank you for your assistance!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There should be 2 LEDs per switch port - one indicating connection and the other indicating speed. If you can only get one to light up, I would be suspecting a bad port on the base. If new enough, swap at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

RFNCW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!  Reaching out to Netgear re: the switch first and then will reach out to Arlo.

Edsmith23
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Edsmith23,

If you're having problems where your Arlo Pro Base Station is not connecting to the Internet,contact the Support Team. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

bigjake44
Initiate
Initiate
Did you ever find a solution?
Edsmith23
Aspirant
Aspirant
I never found an answer I just changed my connection so it went to the router directly instead of them rough a switch. Worked immediately seems like a bug.
bigjake44
Initiate
Initiate
Unfortunately my new router (eero 6) only had one Ethernet output on the router, so hopefully there is a solution out there to the issue.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation