Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
greyowl
Tutor
Tutor

Tech question (another)      I have 4 cams  / 2 outside / 2 inside /   In last 2 weeks my most important inside cam seems only to trigger video through the "audio" setting & not "motion" .  I have experimented with reducing the "audio" trigger & leaving video at max & nothing.   When I increase audio to "full" & leave motion at full I get video recorded. Any ideas why the motion does not trigger / & only the audio triggers anevent ???   /  Any thoughts please  / Thx

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use only a browser to check/set anything under the Mode tab. The apps have issues.

greyowl
Tutor
Tutor

Thx  /  Ya , I only use my laptop (Windows 10 ) to change anything on Arlo /    Seems to be an issue with this camera's ability to record video with the "motion" sensor.     I believe it was OK 2 weeks ago (before last firmware update) .

I get recordings with video & audio on max but I believe it's only the audio that triggers it.   Any thoughts on what might cause the video "trigger" to not show a recording  /   I'm 3000 miles away so can't access the cam  /  Thx  / B

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're changing the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules (and saving) and not in the Motion Detection Test, right?

Try turning off audio detection and see if you get recordings.

greyowl
Tutor
Tutor

Yes exactly.     I have reduced the audio to lowest level (not off)  & put "motion" on highest level & no recordings result.  With both audio & Motion on high , I get a video & email notification.   My deduction is that only audio triggers a video.    Not sure why  /  Thinking when I get back I will try to shut that cam off & try a restart.  Anyone seen this before ??    Appreciate the inpuy / Thx

Dannybear
Master
Master
@greyowl,
Do you have activity zones enabled on the camera? If so try deleting them and check that the infrared sensor is working ok. Someone here suggested that the activity zones will only work if the IR sensor is triggered.
greyowl
Tutor
Tutor

I set a zone to see if that would help but still seems to trigger on "audio".     The LED is on but is there a way of checking the sensor "on line" ?  ( out of the country)     I will continue to experiment with settings but so far reach the same conclusion.    Also , how does a person check the sensor  / & if it doesn't work , is there a fix ?   

Thanks / B

Dannybear
Master
Master
@greyowl,
I suggest that you delete the activity zones on your cameras. These may cause corruption of the settings going forward. I had this occurring on my system since the last firmware update while activity zones were enabled. I don’t know if the IR sensors are prone to failure but suggest it is unlikely. Reset the camera and base unit is the next likely step.
greyowl
Tutor
Tutor

Yup  / deleted the zone & will try the reset when I am back.    This all seemed to happen after the last firmware update a week or so ago.  I did not have a zone set before the update.     Appreciate the advice  / B

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation