Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
PeteNDakar
Initiate
Initiate
I just tried to setup up a brand new Arlo Pro 2 system with 4 cameras. Everything appears to work fine, the base station starts but after installing the Arlo app on my Samsung Galaxy 9+, the only option is to "add new device". As per the instruction manual online, I clicked on "Arlo Camera: Wire-Free". The spinning dial appears to tell me that it is searching for an Arlo device, but it never detects the base station which is on and running with two green and one amber light, in that order. It never makes the connection and no other option is available at that point. I tried it again using the option of "Arlo Base Station". That also did not work repeatedly. I uninstalled and re-installed the app. Nothing appears to be working. I did sync the base station to the 4 cameras so that all appears to be working, but it does me no good if the whole thing is controlled from the app and the app doesn't work. I don't see anything regarding this in troubleshooting. I am on wifi, I have the bluetooth on, just in case. I can't find anything that could lead to this problem, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Pete in Dakar
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeteNDakar
Initiate
Initiate

I found the problem.  I live in Africa, so I use a VPN masker on all of my computers including my smartphone.  For the App to sync with the base station, the VPN has to be turned off.  Once off, it made the connection easily but it was driving me crazy in the meantime, with multiple factory resets, installing and uninstalling the app, etc, etc.  But now it works.  Once I had it linked, I turned the VPN back on and there is no problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to make sure, you don't have to reset/add devcies on your phone if already set up ( you said the internet and power led is green), just sign in with same password/email you set up the sysytem with... making sure the phone is on the same network as the system

If above is true, you can actually just press the base sync button quickly and then the camera ( they can sync without the phone needed )

Have you tested the arlo system via the web access ?  https://arlo.netgear.com

( firefox works very weel )

Don't need BT, but you should also turn of wifi and see if you can access via LTE on the phone since the base is connected to interent

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
PeteNDakar
Initiate
Initiate

I found the problem.  I live in Africa, so I use a VPN masker on all of my computers including my smartphone.  For the App to sync with the base station, the VPN has to be turned off.  Once off, it made the connection easily but it was driving me crazy in the meantime, with multiple factory resets, installing and uninstalling the app, etc, etc.  But now it works.  Once I had it linked, I turned the VPN back on and there is no problem.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation