Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 won't connect to base any longer

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Homeaccount
Tutor
Tutor

I've had 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras for several years and 3 Arlo Essentials for a couple of years. This week, first the Base station went off line and all three of the Pro 2 cameras went off line. The Essential cameras continued to work. I got the base station back on line and have tried repeatedly for the last few days to get the three cameras to sync but can't. All of the lights on both the base station and the cameras react exactly the way they are supposed to but they don't show up. I've done factory resets on both cameras and hub but they will not connect.  Tried getting help from Arlo but couldn't ever get any help.  Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
DanielRK
Tutor
Tutor

Not much help, but I have same problem. I think it's Arlo update going wrong again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Homeaccount wrote:

I've had 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras for several years and 3 Arlo Essentials for a couple of years. This week, first the Base station went off line and all three of the Pro 2 cameras went off line. The Essential cameras continued to work. I got the base station back on line and have tried repeatedly for the last few days to get the three cameras to sync but can't. All of the lights on both the base station and the cameras react exactly the way they are supposed to but they don't show up. I've done factory resets on both cameras and hub but they will not connect.  Tried getting help from Arlo but couldn't ever get any help.  Any suggestions?

You can't reset the Pro 2 cameras other than to reinsert batteries - any instructions to the contrary need fixing.

When you reset the base, did you hold the button until the  LEDs started flashing? If you do this you also need to remove the base and cameras connected to it from your account so you can start fresh. You can also sync them without the app - just briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it - and then a camera sync button.

Homeaccount
Tutor
Tutor

I've reinserted the batteries.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled cameras and base by removing them entirely.  Yes, I wait until the sync lights are flashing on hub and base.  Tried it both with and without the app.  Sorry if that sounded rude but I tried all of the obvious things before coming here.  I think the last update may have killed them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, there's been no recent update to either the base or cameras for some time. You don't say what base you have but the last flurry of base/hub updates was back on Feb. 23 and the Pro 2 cameras were last year.

Are you using the latest app? Have you tried the web client (my.arlo.com)?

Homeaccount
Tutor
Tutor

The hub did a firmware update this week I think, at least it said it was doing an update after I removed it and reinstalled it to try and get things to work.  I am using the latest app and I did try it on my.arlo.com also.  Thanks for your help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You haven't mentioned what base you have - look on the bottom sticker for VMBxxxx. To check for the latest base firmware update date and version go to https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes. Scroll through until you find your base and check the date and version - the version should match what's installed.

Homeaccount
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I have the latest firmware.  Honestly been disappointed in Arlo for a while and now with the EOL policies I may just toss these and get something new.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation