Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today my video feed from one of my cameras showed wavy video records and live viewing was also wavy.  These were night vision viewing only.  The video both recorded and live during the day is fine.  Anyone have ideas about fixing this?  The only thing different about the device is I left it connect to power before we left the home.  Very active camera because of our cats so I didn’t want to worry about the battery losing charge.

9 REPLIES 9
Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE- the videos during the day are now wavy as well

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Define "wavy". Post a link to a sample video.

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here’s a video link taken a few minutes ago.

https://youtu.be/lOcjFNIMtNo

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just reduced the video quality from “best” to “optimized “.  Started a live video and it was ok except for some minor waves at the bottom.  I will leave it at this setting for the day to see if it helps.  Does concern me that the camera can no longer record the correct image quality.  I’m becoming very disturbed about this as the cameras are only 1 year old.  Will update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This can be caused by the WiFi signal strength and/or quality between the camera and base. Reducing the resolution (quality) helps by reducing the needed bandwidth of that connection. If you have more cameras, swap them around to see if it's the camera or location. If the latter, look for anything wireless near the camera that may have been moved or introduced that could cause interference.

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  Nothing has changed with the camera environment for over 6 months.  Always worked fine.  Only change was I plugged it in to be recharged before leaving and left it plugged in as it is a very active camera.  My bandwidth at home is 1G fiber. Strength indicator for the cam is max bars.  Ran speed test and it was 850 down and 826 up.  Rebooted base station several times. Running best video power management on all cameras.  This camera is distorted at that setting and so far seems to work with reduced video quality....but it’s only been a few hours.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you unplug power from the camera does it get better? Have you tried swapping cameras around as well as using a different power adapter?

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got back home and unplugged the charger. Configured the device back to best video quality and so far everything is back to normal.  So the mystery will prevail as the problem could be anything.  I will update if the quality diminishes again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it appears to be fine if unplugged, plug it back in to be sure that it's the charger causing the problem. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a replacement or use another charger with the same output specs.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation