Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 takes 30-40 seconds to connect to see what's going on

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Technicalx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I've had it with this product.   I have a foster dog that has anxiety when I leave in his crate.   I have 4 cameras around the house and I put one in the room he's in.   They all work.  Went to dinner and wanted to check on him.  Opened the phone app and all BUT that camera came up.   It took about 30-40 seconds for the others to connect but that one never would.  Had to look at history to see what was going on.   After about 30 minuets of constantly trying to connect, it finally did.   Useless.   

My Daughter told me of a $40 camera she bought that has tilt, swivel, 1080p, recording, motion/sound detection and a microphone.    She opened it up on her phone and within 2 seconds, I was seeing her apartment. 

Bought it and set it up.   Now, when I connect it takes 2-3 seconds to get a live feed, and I mean live not a 3 second delay and not 30-40 just to connect, if it connects at all.   I was hoping Arlo would put a little more into their product but I don't see that happening.   $600 toy.    

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Technicalx,

Make sure that your the signal strength for your Arlo camera has full bars (3-4 bars). You might need to try having the camera closer to the Base Station to see if that can help.

Read this article to learn how far you can play your Arlo cameras from your Base Station: How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

And refer to this article to learn how to use the position mode to see how your video bandwidth is: How do I use position mode to aim my Arlo camera?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation