Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tony21
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera sometimes doesn’t record all the footage it will record 5 to 10 seconds the footage gone but the camera is still going on like it recorded. I have 4 cameras. Camera 1 may do this but camera 2 recorded all 2 minutes of the footage and vice versa. I have 2 bars on the camera for as WiFi signal. This just started a week ago I have had these camera for 9 months. Thinking about returning them.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap one of the working cameras with the troubled one... see if the issue follows camera ( or is it location/signal )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Spillikin
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently started having this problem too, never had a problem before a couple of weeks ago.
It also doesn’t seem to pre-record before the activity appears for as long as it used to, and also doesn’t record for the fixed time I’ve told it to. Pretty annoying.

Have Arlo released a really bad firmware update or something?
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
This same annoying crap happens with my cameras. I have 2 ultras and 5 Pro 2’s and only the Pro 2’s seem to do this.

I have all of my cameras plugged in - and for certain video clips it will show up in the Library as a 11-15second clip.... when I click on the clip it will show that it’s 2 minutes long on the slider bar.... the video and sound will be fine for the 11-15 seconds indicated when I first pull up the clip, and the video freezes and sound is the only thing playing for the rest of the 2 minutes.

The Pro 2s did this with the 4000 Base station they came with - and now they still do it with the 5000 SmartHub I’ve been using for all cameras since I got the Ultras.

I also noticed that when I remove the Memory card from the Ultra Base - those videos are perfectly fine - they are the full 2 minutes and sound and video is complete.

So it must be something with the way that the base stations are recording to the onboard drive and the cloud that is glitching out causing the onboard memory chip to take priority and the cloud to have short/incomplete clips. Whatever the issue is effects both Base stations so that’s clearly not the issue.
Tony21
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do you like the Ultra Cameras I was thinking about getting the 3 set is it worth it. I don’t have memory card in mine I use the cloud to store my videos for 30 days with the Arlo Smart subscription. I hope Arlo fixes this issue soon.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation