Arlo Pro 2 red charge light

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stickerhead
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have hooked up my camera in the front of my house to Arlo provided charger. After about 3 days, the green charge lite on the Arlo App goes from green to a red lighting bolt and says the charge is incorrect charger.   Not sure why it waits three days before this happens. I have changed batteries and it goes away but comes back in three days. Can I run the camera without the battery?  I powered two of these cameras recently and only this one is doing it. 

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What charger are you using?

The pro2 battery is a 7.2vdc so requires a 9vdc adaptor with QC capability.

The camera can run on a 5.1vdc adapter but it will not charge the battery. Yes you can run the camera without the battery using a Ac adapter.

If your using a solar panel it will not deep charge the battery and not run the camera without the battery, can take a few days to charge the battery depending on how often the camera streams video.

Stickerhead
Aspirant
Aspirant

The charger that came with the camera from Arlo

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stickerhead wrote:

Can I run the camera without the battery?  

Yes.

Though you might want to swap the two chargers, and see if the problem moves with the charger or stays with the camera.

Stickerhead
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, it did not solve the red light but since they are plugged in now, I removed the batteries. No issues now. However, the batteries that showed the red after three day charge fine in the two battery charger. Charge from amber to green. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation