Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - ran out of batteries.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ajitani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, i have 5 Arlo Pro 2, four of them have dead batteries refusing to charge any further. I am unable to get the replacement batteries in their website. Can anyone suggest what is my best option since i do not want to upgrade the camera.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ajitani wrote:

Hi, i have 5 Arlo Pro 2, four of them have dead batteries refusing to charge any further. I am unable to get the replacement batteries in their website. Can anyone suggest what is my best option since i do not want to upgrade the camera.

As far as purchases go, there are third-party batteries available on Amazon.  No idea how well they will work, but it is an option.

However, it is possible that the batteries can be brought back to life.  Often they will charge in the external charger when they won't charge in the battery.  So you could try a compatible external charger.  Arlo's is here:

These are pricey, if you want to risk a 3rd party charger you can find them for about $20 USD.  You can also find some third party chargers that include two batteries for about $45.

Also, there are some tricks you can try:

Ajitani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for taking the time out to reply in detail. I will try these tricks today if they work for me. Yes have seen some third party batteries for USD 40. But amazon do not ship it outside of the USA. 

Dholly
Guide
Guide

Amazon sells these batteries Single, and in a two pack for $39.

All of my Arlo Pro twos batteries are dying rather quickly I just replace to myself.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation