Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
yannus
Follower
Follower

I'm able to login on website but not through Android app.  When I get into Desktop website, it shows "Database service is currently down".  Been doing this since about 8A CST.  I'm still in the return period.  How frequently does this happen and for how long?  Every 2-3 months, weeks, etc?  It's not too late for me to return this and wait until your service becomes avail.  I'd hate to pay for a subscription that's broken...

After I'm able to login, none of my devices or library items are displayed!

66 REPLIES 66
Swingwizard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo server down?

Thats great!

if you guys cannot give the right support and be live 24/7 then maybe time for us to be able to get a live feed directly from the base!

or does this go against Arlo pro’s Sales ofholding people to ransom of having to pay for storage?

not happy

only spent $2000 dollars!

IceRescue
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. I am unable to connect to my cameras since about 7:30 AM EST. Either from my laptop or my phone. It keeps giving me the message the database is down. I had my wife check the unit at the house and all the lights are on. The cameras keep sending me alerts as they are tripped, but I am unable to see anything. I have force stopped the app several times which usually fixes any issues I have with the app on my phone. Today however, the app did an update. I wonder if that update screwed up the system. Any information would help. I am currently on the phone waiting for an operator to answer.

raynaldtu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same concern.. So I picked up a ring doorbell in addition to the Arlo cams... Redunancy solved! Well for the front and back doors.... 

Old-Big
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here in Bangkok
raynaldtu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo System is down in Charleston, SC as of 10:00AM EST.... 

leiflilj
Aspirant
Aspirant
TheRealMcCoy
Tutor
Tutor

The whole arlo-database is down since hours.

Now all my content is EMPTY, not even a single camera listed in my account anymore. Library also fully empty!

And to make this even more annoying, the support just removed the chat-option from their page and the wait-time on the telephone is >25 minutes.

I think, they get hacked or something. I recommend to change your password as soon as you can login again.

TheRealMcCoy
Tutor
Tutor

...and in case they got really hacked - who has access to my comeras? Switching them all off now!

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
It started working again for me
TheRealMcCoy
Tutor
Tutor

Right time to send a team from the Netgear support to your home.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue has been corrected. For updates and more info on what happened, please visit this thread in the Arlo Community.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Arlo-Service-Down-Temporarily-Unable-to-Login/m-p/1521...

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
aolsystems
Tutor
Tutor
is there any patch they will send and what the explanation of the global outage? we need a patch for this.
Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

What a joke ! All our homes were unmonitored during this down time and we were all as risk.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I received email alerts about the status. Off and the back on.

Then there is this:

Arlo down? Current problems and outages | Down Detector

Rumour has it that it wasn't just Arlo. The cloud service that supports it fell over.

If there isn't a status page for Arlo, there should be.

Page dedicated for the service status. - NETGEAR Communities

Seems to have the status Archived - Not Enough Votes.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
aolsystems
Tutor
Tutor
yes same with me. i have my ring doorbell enable the motion sensor and it was my temporary redudancy. solve the issue while arlo fixing it. but. i hope they will inform us what really happend and pls release the latest patch. because not everyone has redudancy.
Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
The usual Arlo chaos and zero communication.

Since today no recordings are being stored, I get alerts and can live view but cannot view any recordings.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Obsydian,

Are you able to produce a manual recording? I was not able to replicate any issues with triggered or manual recordings. Are you still experiencing an issue?

JamesC