Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
yannus
Follower
Follower

I'm able to login on website but not through Android app.  When I get into Desktop website, it shows "Database service is currently down".  Been doing this since about 8A CST.  I'm still in the return period.  How frequently does this happen and for how long?  Every 2-3 months, weeks, etc?  It's not too late for me to return this and wait until your service becomes avail.  I'd hate to pay for a subscription that's broken...

After I'm able to login, none of my devices or library items are displayed!

66 REPLIES 66
SCV_user
Initiate
Initiate
March 5 - burgalry in the neighborhood.
March 6 - my home was burglarized.
March 7 - purchased and installed Arlo Pro 2.
March 8 (5:30am) - I get alerted of motion capture at the fron door. I check the camera and cannot sign-in.
March 8 (5:35am) - I arm myself and do a walk-through of the home to check for intruders.

Arlo is failing for it's purpose
Donajean56
Guide
Guide

These and the company are the worse cameras!!! DONT BUY THEM!! Our w Arlo GO'S, THEY ARE GOI G TO GO!!! WE ARE DONE!

nikole
Initiate
Initiate
Mine is too
CJR81
Tutor
Tutor
Is there anybody running their own external hard drive off the base? Just wondering if that would take Netgears control out of the equation. Probably not though. Hope someone has some good news for me.
Jujubee805
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo is down today? Why? Anyone else having issues?
Jujubee805
Tutor
Tutor

Jujubee805
Tutor
Tutor
Mine are down this morning as well. What is the problem?
Lstudio
Star
Star
Doesn’t matter. I was able to connect to my cameras at first but wasn’t able to disable the armed mode as it showed offline. Unplugged my base unit to power cycle and once everything was back on, I was no longer able to view/connect to my cameras live feeds. It severed my internal connection from my base to the cameras which at the very least shouldn’t have been impacted.
45pinelane
Initiate
Initiate

this is terrible - my cameras are in a remote location (vacation home) and I cant reset them. Will this issue is fixed will they come back up or am I screwed into having someone go there and re sync everything????????

PolleM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting message " We are sorry. The database service is currently down. Please try again. 

We are not able to access camara settings to turn off. 

We have restarted several time. 

What do I need to do to correct this? 

Thank you 

MP

Chree
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is the database server down? I can’t connect to any of my cameras.
Mike888
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just spent 40 minutes on hold to finally get tech support from Arlo. My system is not working/offline. I was told that the issue is with Arlo, and is being worked on. Also told information was posted here, and I should check here for updates regarding the issue.

I don't see anything here regarding this. Am I missing something here?

Mike
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Netgear are aware of the problem and are busy with a fix.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Netgear are aware of the problem and are busy with a fix.

SteveWhite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Outages happen, its hard to get worked up over that fact.  There has been no communication from Netgear over this.  I would have expected an announcement posted on the main Arlo site, or an e-mail.  Something...  I can log in just fine.  I do not see any devices when I do.

I am trusting that local recording is still working just in case I do have an issue where I need to review footage.

Jujubee805
Tutor
Tutor
I unplugged the system and reatarted it and its still down. What is the problem with it being down?
JK1100
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue I'm facing, even after resetting the Base Station, nothing seems to work. Keep showing Base Station Offline. Checked all physical connection, which is fine. Checked router settings, which is also fine.

Donajean56
Guide
Guide

Its the NWO. NEW WORLD ORDER!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

For updates on this issue, please see here: Arlo Service Down - Temporarily Unable to Login

JamesC

adammolinaro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agreed. We all understand things happen and there may be an issue here and there. Arlo/Netgear, why not be proactive and provide communication to us and let us know there is a known issue. This will not only help your customer service reps mitigate phone calls but will also let the community know so we all don't freak out and waste time trying to reboot thinking it could be on our end.

Enchanted1s
Initiate
Initiate

Not really missing much - the entire Arlo system appears to be down.  I  have been here reading too - because I didn't want to call be on hold.  In my reading, all Arlo is saying is they are sorry - and aware there is a problem.  Some replies say an email will be sent when service is restored.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

For updates on this issue, please see here: Arlo Service Down - Temporarily Unable to Login

JamesC

FamilyInFla
Star
Star

Just another problem indicative of an unreliable system. Looking for a replacement system, as this system has been nothing but headache and frustration.

JK1100
Initiate
Initiate

Even though login is successful, but it still always shows Base Station Offline.

Donajean56
Guide
Guide

Even if you call and you are put on hold, you won't be able to u derdtand tnide folks!! Its ridiculous to say the least!!