Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FerGallegos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mi base station se desconectó. Antes estaba ligada a otra cuenta de la que ya se quitó pero yo sigo sin poder conectarla a mi cuenta.  Ya reinicié modem, router, reseteé el base station y aun no logro conectarlo. Por favor ayudenme!

My base station was disconnected. Before it was linked to another account from which it has already been removed but I still can't connect it to my account. I've already restarted the modem, router, reset the base station and I still can't connect it. Please help me!

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @FerGallegos 

Are you still experiencing this with your base station?

FerGallegos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I haven’t been able to connect it. Someone from support told me to turn off ports 80 and 443 on my internet connection but I’m not sure since it was working fine before.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@FerGallegos 

Did you try a factory reset per these instructions here: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

Can you try adding via the web portal.

FerGallegos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have reseted it several times and also tried doing it from the Arlo web portal on a computer. Nothing works.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FerGallegos wrote:

Someone from support told me to turn off ports 80 and 443 on my internet connection

That makes no sense, and you should NOT try to block those ports.

If you did try to forward them to your base station, then you should remove those forwarding rules.

FerGallegos
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks!!  NO, i didn´t open those ports because it didn´t make sense to me either.  I ran out of options here 😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What are the LED lights displaying on the base station?

FerGallegos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Green-green-amber

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try factory resetting it and connecting via phone or browser a few times? Was this device working before on your account or was it a used device on someone else's account? 

FerGallegos
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have resetted it several times already. Also tried to connect both my phone and my computer. The device was working fine on both accounts, my husbands and mine (his was the main account, I had granted access). He removed the device from his account. But nothing changed. The device cant be found by the app nor the Arlo web portal 😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Could you make sure the Base Station is wired to the main router and the phone device doing the onboarding is connected to the same local wifi network (mobile data should be off, VPN should be off). 

If you have a mesh network, you can try turning off the 5GHz option.

If this doesn't help, you may be experiencing hardware failure based on the steps performed. If a factory reset doesn't resolve the issue, you may need to consider replacing the unit.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation