Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 pushing unwanted notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Aboehm
Follower
Follower
Hello,

I purchased 3 Alro pro 2 wireless cameras and set them up around the house. I also purchased the smart camera system for the 3 cameras so I could get better recognition of what kind of motion is detected.

I have deselected all but "Person" push notifications in the smart section so my cameras would ignore my dogs and any other types of motion aside from human beings.

Now my problem is that none of my cameras are actually abiding by this rule. All my cameras are still blasting my phone with push notifications with "Motion detected" (I have a plant at the front door), or "animal detected" (my 2 dogs). Or half the time, the cameras recognize my dogs as a "person". My dogs are both approximately 30 pounds each. They definitely should not be setting off the "person" motion detector.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? How can I fix this? I just bought the camera system not even month ago so the firmware is up to date.
2 REPLIES 2
danslim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have a similar problem.

I have created a new custom mode but it does not recording when motion is detected. However, if I pick an old  custom mode, it does record, but I cannot stop it sending emails to an old email address.

Maybe I need to upgrade the firmware but I do not know how to. Any thoughts?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Aboehm

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

@danslim

Have you tried to remove & re-create the mode that is giving you an issue?

If you would like to check to see if you have a firmware update available, you may go to Settings > My Devices > Select desired device > Device Info > Firmware.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation