Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 plugged in but won't charge or power camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Windy_city_bob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Twice now, after spending a good deal of time, running power to one of my two Arlo Pro 2s, It just randomly stops recognizing the power cord and switches over to battery-only mode and then ultimately discharges completely.  I've taken it down, removed the battery and waited and then re-plugged in and re-paired and it begins working again as normal only to, after a few days, again. stop running off of AC power and begin depleting battery.  I've never once moved the power cord or touched the cameras and I'm working with the Arlo cords I ordered when I bought the cameras.  This is incredibly frustrating given I have to get up on a ladder and unmount them each time this happens.    I'm contemplating taking the battery out completely to see what happens.  Any other suggestions would be great.   thx  Bob

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Windy_city_bob

Do you have another battery you can swap in the camera & vice versa?

Also, do you have another charger you can test?

Devildog8411
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same exact issue. Will run off of the power cord for about 3-5 days the stop. Rapidly drains battery in about 1-2 weeks
Windy_city_bob
Aspirant
Aspirant
So ultimately I had this replaced under warranty and this problem has not recurred. There are other posts claiming the issue could be moisture entered through the power cord port. Apparently the camera is only truly weather proof when powered off the battery. I was never under that impression but to make sure it was sealed I added a bit of silicone around the plug this time. I've sadly had both of the two cameras I purchased replaced under warranty after a ridiculous amount of back and forth with Support. The other camera just stopped detecting and recording motion. That issue also seems to have been resolved in the replacement but who knows for how long. Overall, my experience with these cameras has been extremely disappointing and assuming they fail again will be buying something more durable.
Windy_city_bob
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also I forgot to mention the cord also stopped working and was replaced. The plugs are pretty delicate and can be damaged by forcing it through a hole or pressing it too hard into the camera.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation