Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 outside camera battery level is at 60%

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Gyo14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 outside camera battery level is at 60% only after 2 weeks of monitoring. My other outside camera is at 83%.

Wi-fi bars are full on the 60% camera and 2 bars on the 83% camera.

Normal movement 15-25 events per day. 60% camera is at my front door and 83% at my side gate.

Is this normal battery life? I figure at this rate I’ll be charging them every month. Should I not have them monitor 24-7? Or turn them off when I know I am set off the movement? I do not want to run A/C to the cameras.

I just purchased an extra battery and quick charger so I’ll be prepared so any other suggestions or comments would be helpful.  

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I turn mine off if I know I'm going to trigger them a hundred times walking past or doing something in front of it/them. You just have to remember to turn them back on!

Did you buy the charging tube? If so, this actually imparts a higher level of charge to the batteries than what the cameras does so you should find the battery lasts a fair bit longer

brh
Master
Master

If the cameras are mounted too high to take down every couple of months an/or don't have continuous AC power to them, consider using the new solar panels. That is what I do due to the two conditions above.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You mention the number of videos but not the total number of minutes of recording and live viewing per day per camera. That many recordings, even at 10 seconds per, adds up quickly. The spec for rated life is 5 minutes or less per day.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Gyo14 wrote:

Arlo Pro 2 outside camera battery level is at 60% only after 2 weeks of monitoring. My other outside camera is at 83%.

What's the temperature where you are?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Gyo14
Aspirant
Aspirant

I live is So_Cal sp temps are 70-80. And the motion clips are about 6 to 10 sec. I did purchase the Tube charging station VMA4400C with an extra Battery VMA4400 So It will be easier to replace the battery. The original batteries were charged, maybe after I use the charger there will be a better charge on them.  Just wondering.

Thanks all!  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The external charger tube is the only way to charge the battery fully. In camera charging shows 100% but that's relative to what the camera allows (80% actual charge to protect the battery).

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

jguerdat wrote:

The external charger tube ...

What's that?

I remove the batteries and charge separately. Is that what this is?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
steve_t
Master Master
Master

michaelkenward wrote:

jguerdat wrote:

The external charger tube ...

What's that?

I remove the batteries and charge separately. Is that what this is?

Yes

arlo charger.jpg

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation