Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 outdoor charger for continuous use.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mwest08jd
Follower
Follower
I've been looking for the outdoor power adapter cable so I can fully use all of the things that the Arlo Pro 2 does that the Arlo Pro does not. However I cannot find any at Best Buy and I do not see anything online. I was advised that there was a recall and new ones will soon be available. What about the cables between the solar panel and the camera? Are these letting water in as well since that was the recall for the others? Are they still safe to use from the solar panel to the camera. Also, has anybody noticed how long these cables last or does the rubber dry out after being in the sun for a year.
2 REPLIES 2
yoyodiyo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Outdoor Options. I bought my system - Base station and 1 Arlo Pro camera a year ago and while at first it was awesome, it's the wrong camera for my situation because of the amount of traffic in front of my house. That being said, I've made it work. 

First, my charger burnt out and Arlo doesn't sell them seperately. The work around was getting this charger which was recommended by someone is this community - 

Quick Charge 3.0 AUKEY 18W USB Wall Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note8 / S8 / S8+, LG G6 / V30, HTC 10 and More | Qualcomm Certified

On Amazon, $14. The key to this is that if you connect the USB port on the camera to a electrical source(extension cord), you can "hardwire" the camera and not need the battery in the camera to function. I've done this for a year now and have had no issues. I do live in Los Angeles and get very little rain, but even what rain we've gotten hasn't damaged the USB cable or wall charger. 

Hope this helps

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Your guess is as good as ours as to when the replacement outdoor charger will be available

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation