Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 or stick with Arlo Pro 1 for now until all Pro 2 issues resolved?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rkj001
Follower
Follower

I am thinking about purchasing a new Arlo system.  In reading various forums (here and others), owner product reviews, etc., it would appear that Pro 2 has a lot of technical issues that need to get resolved before it will be working as well as Pro 1.  These issues include things like poor night vision, poor battery usage, cameras locking up and requiring hard reset by removing battery, etc.  There are many former Pro 1 users that had upgraded to Pro 2 and then decided to return Pro 2 because of all of the issues and because it did not work nearly as well as Pro 1.

Given all of the current issues with Pro 2, would it be best to stick with Pro1 for new purchases at this time?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Well.... also remember, If your not planning to run the Pro2 on ac power, you have bascially a Pro1.

( the extra features require ac power )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I have arlopro 1 , , three cameras ,and I have one Arlo Pro 2 camera. This is what I can tell you. I don't have any lock ups. Or freezing video. The 1080p resolution is quite a bit sharper. The night vision is not nearly as good as the pro one although it is sharper at night it's just very dark so kind of useless unless you have a light to light up the area. As far as battery life I have it plugged in so not sure about that. If you need it for vision I would stick with the arlopro one. The way arlopro to is now with the dark night vision if it picks up motion at night you can't really see anything on the cameras it's too dark.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation