Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 only works with motion detection test

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gravitate
Follower
Follower

So I have an Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2. One set up through wifi land line and one through 4g. Anyway the one on the landline Arlo Pro has 1 camer and works amazingly (had it for over a year now).

I got the Arlo 2 and set up the cameras. All is working great but the Motion Detection is not working on both cameras. I have gone through the same set up, done the motion detection sensitivity and then armed them with the sensitivity set. But when you wave something in front of them nothing is activated.

The only way I can get the motion detection working on the 2 new cameras is by doing a motion detection test. Then after I have done that nothing works. I have been through every setting and nothing works. I have even tried ading one of the new cameras to the old base stations and still nothing is triggered when you walk past it or move something in front of it.

I hope someone has a suggesiton as I think I am out of options.

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@gravitate

I am assuming you set up the sensitivity in the rules for the cameras and saved the setting, right?

Are you using them inside pointing through a window?

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Provided you're not trying to detect through a window, can you please post screenshots of your rules in whatever mode you're using?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation