Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
phkim24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased a new Arlo Pro 2 Smart Security System with 4 Cameras (VMS4430P) on Sunday (10/15) but one of the camera batteries is already at 1%.  It's been draining in couple of percentage increments....yesterday it was at 20 % and as of today at 11:49 it's at 1%.  It's in a place where there isn't much activity happening.  I'm based in Seattle so I can't imagine major swings in weather is causing it drain either.  Overall, there hasn't been more than ~10 or so motion and audio alerts.  I've removed the battery and resynced that camera.  I have a 2

satellite Orbi at 150mbs down and  20 mbs up covering 3200 sq ft so I don't think it's a slow signal wifi issue....at least 2 bars showing on the app. We did install it on the last firmware (1.124.0.0_15189). w

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

phkim24,

What does the signal strength indicator show for this camera? It could be poor signal strength due to range or WiFi interference that is causing this behavior. Try swapping locations with a camera that is behaving as expected to see if the issue follows the camera or the location.

JamesC

V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

phkim24,

What does the signal strength indicator show for this camera? It could be poor signal strength due to range or WiFi interference that is causing this behavior. Try swapping locations with a camera that is behaving as expected to see if the issue follows the camera or the location.

JamesC

He's already said; 

"...I have a 2 satellite Orbi at 150mbs down and  20 mbs up covering 3200 sq ft so I don't think it's a slow signal wifi issue....at least 2 bars showing on the app....."

Personally, if the camera has low event triggers and a usable Wifi connection (no matter how many bars) it's highly unlikely that a poorer signal will actually affect battery life or drain to that extent. It's more likely the battery needs to be completely discharged and re-charged to get to an optimum level, if the problem is still present., then its a defective battery.

archon810
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had the same thing happen to me. Camera went from 100 to 8% and died without any warning.

I'm working with Arlo PR directly, so they're already aware of my issue, and now I'll bring this thread to their attention.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent firmware update for Arlo Pro 2 has been released that may help address the issue you are experiencing. Be sure your Arlo Pro 2 is update to date with the latest firmware version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

archon810
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sorry, but this is a very poor changelog. Your customers deserve better, Arlo.

Details:

Arlo Pro Camera 1.124.1.0_15483

• Bug Fixes

MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

AGREED!  From what has been explained to me, this firmware update is only addressing the "offline" issue. Not any of the others...... But I guess we'll never know for sure, and Netgear won't admit in writing those shortcomings.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation