Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Carl_Bratt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a setup of 6 cameras, all conected to individual solar panels. Everyting has worked super for a month and then the cameras started having problems charging. I brought them all in and charged them during night and placed them on location connected to the solar panels and none of them have been able to charge from the panels. Any ideas? 

Also some specific cameras seem to have trouble getting online from time to time. What´s that about

Thanks

/Carl

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Carl_Bratt,

Are you receiving any battery icon error when charging through the Arlo Solar Panel? Feel free to read this article to learn how to troubleshoot if your Arlo Solar Panel is nor charging your cameras: My Arlo Solar Panel is not charging my Arlo Go or Arlo Pro camera battery; what do I do?

Carl_Bratt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jessica, 

I dont get the failing to load -icon, though. How sensitive are the solar panels for dust? D you need to clean them on a regular basis?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You would only need to wipe the panel every few months to remove any dust or debris. Feel free to read here to learn how to position your Arlo Solar Panel to get more sunlight to see if that helps: How do I position the Arlo Solar Panel to get the most sunlight?

melissa4681
Tutor
Tutor

Was there ever an actual answer on this thread?  I’m having the same problem, started at about the same time as this post, with one of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras and an Arlo security light.  No warning icon to tell me there’s any issue with charging, just not charging on Arlo products that were charging just fine for almost a year and then suddenly stopped.  I’ve tried unplugging and plugging back in, swapping batteries, charging them back to full and reconnecting the solar panels, but nothing has worked.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@melissa4681 wrote:

Was there ever an actual answer on this thread?  I’m having the same problem, started at about the same time as this post, with one of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras and an Arlo security light.  No warning icon to tell me there’s any issue with charging, just not charging on Arlo products that were charging just fine for almost a year and then suddenly stopped.  I’ve tried unplugging and plugging back in, swapping batteries, charging them back to full and reconnecting the solar panels, but nothing has worked.

Do the batteries charge when you use the indoor Arlo charger to charge that Pro-2 camera?

Do you see any charging indication with the app or client when the solar panel is connected (with full sun on the panel)?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible the panels have failed in some way. Use your warranty and use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to get them replaced if within the warranty period.

melissa4681
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, they both charge fine when plugged in to the wall charger.  I used to see the charging icon, but I don’t anymore.  Now I always just see the solid black battery indicator.  

melissa4681
Tutor
Tutor

I am just past the 1 year warranty period, which is of course when things fail.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation