Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 motion is not working properly. Contacted support but still problems.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LittleAngel66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had nothing but trouble since I bought Arlo a couple of weeks ago, hoping someone from Arlo will see this and contact me as I have no way to contact them. Spoke to someone on chat at the weekend (chat doesn't seem available today and the NZ phone number does not work) and when I tried the email link it said failed please contact support – If only I could!!  You were sending me a new base station but the problems continue and they are not all base station related.  One of the reasons for buying Arlo is the Smart notifications but these do not work, I have it set for people and vehicles - it has never recognised a car yet and people is very hit and miss.  Today I was notified about a person on my front camera and it was a flower pot!!  This afternoon I have had a workman wandering around outside while I was out, not notifications was received and when I checked back at the cameras what was very clearly a "person" was registered as "motion".  What use is this to me?  Over $1200 for a system that does not do what it promises, how do I go about getting a refund as this is clearly not "fit for purpose" and cannot be relied on.

9 REPLIES 9
LittleAngel66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just for some background other issues I have been having

Cameras go "Offline" on a regular basis, I have reset, resynced and restored to factory settings several times over the past two weeks.

Batteries died after just 1 week

Notifications are very hit and miss - Sunday I received a notification every few minutes about imaginary people today it has no idea what a person is and fails to recognise one walking around the property. but did manage to tell me about a chair last night and a flower pot today that it considered were people!

Activity zones also not working

Apologies for the tone of the email as you can guess I am a little fed up with good old Arlo, made much worse by the fact that their support is impossible o get hold of.  It is such a lot of money to waste on a system that does not work and by all the hype Arlo give I was sure this was going to be the system for us and was so excited to get it up and running - sadly no more 😞

LittleAngel66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Live chat seems to be dead, emails won't go through and the local phone number hangs up after 4 minutes and 13 seconds here in New Zealand I seriously regret buying Arlo and wish I could get a refund on this product that does not work.  Hopefully they will do something about the terrible customer service

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LittleAngel66,

Sorry to hear the experience you're having. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you about this.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I always wonder when I see that "reach out via private message" comment. Is something being talked about that Arlo doesn't want the rest of us to know about?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Reallyconfused wrote:

I always wonder when I see that "reach out via private message" comment. Is something being talked about that Arlo doesn't want the rest of us to know about?

One pretty obvious possibility is that they want to get contact information from the poster, so support can contact them.

In general, using PM protects privacy of both the poster and Arlo support personnel.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So...I guess my sarcasm was not evident then

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Reallyconfused wrote:

So...I guess my sarcasm was not evident then

Sounded more like conspiracy theory in your post.  😉

The mods are actively following on quite a few cases, which is a good thing IMO.  Obviously Arlo is facing more challenges with this app+backend switch than they expected, and support is overloaded.  As usual, support+forum mods take shots here for that (even though they didn't cause the issues people are seeing).

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Reallyconfused,

We reach out to users through private message to gather personal information (such as phone number or email address) so it doesn't get shared publicly.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So...my apologies to all. 😇 I really meant it in a light hearted way. I didn’t mean to offend anyone.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation