Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 live view freezes when motion is detected

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GrantL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras for a couple of months now. The live view on both either freezes, or comes up with a "timeout" message, almost every time motion is detected. The video still records and is available in the library, but I can't get back into live view until the motion stops. 

I tried subscribing to CVR, but could never get that to work either. Arlo Tech Support said it just doesn't work for some people, so I cancelled that.

If the only time I can view the camera live is when nothing is happening, then it kinda defeats the purpose.

Please advise

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @GrantL

Is this occurring on the web browser or mobile app?

GrantL
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's occurring on my web browser. Chrome

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GrantL

Does it occur on a different web browser as well?

GrantL
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same thing happens on Firefox. I can't get it to run on Edge due to Flash issues

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GrantL wrote:

I can't get it to run on Edge due to Flash issues

FWIW, you can get get past the flash issues with edge.  After you get the error message, click on the link to update flash. Instead of taking you to the update, it should open a popup that lets you allow flash (once) for the site.  It is awkward, and generally speaking it's easier with Chrome.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation