Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ufgfodggdigf
Tutor
Tutor

Bought my Arlo package 6 months ago and have had problems since. Problems include intermittent detection of people animals and motion. Shuts off by itself in spec. Have done all the community support suggested fixes. Turned off reset resubscribed and countless other task asked by Arlo Support. I have spent countless hours doing suggested fixes with no success or true support. Costumer service is in foreign countries and are extremely hard to understand. They read off cards and talk In circles with no true solution. They did try to send me a used camera in a box with no packing. The camera was scratched and damaged do to no packing material. I submitted a complaint to the BBB Three weeks later I received a Call three times within 10:00 minutes on a Sunday morning and one call was to tell me to keep my lines open because they were trying to reach me. They know how to time a call to clear a BBB complaint. I have over ten hours doing what was asked of me to repair a defective product. I have filed three complaints and they always call on Sunday multiple times in a row just to say no response was received and it’s always close to the expiration of the complaint. So here I sit with a camera that works sometimes and a costumer service that’s unwilling to help.

4 REPLIES 4
Beef
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ufgfodggdigf
Tutor
Tutor
Ufgfodggdigf
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo sucks because they are unwilling to solve the problems they just continue to read from cards with no solutions. Arlo sucks because it doesn’t work and they don’t seem to care. 6 months really do you think they Care. Don’t buy this product simply because costumer support is in India or the Philippines and you can’t understand them and they don’t know the product which is why they read from cards and do nothing to actually help.
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

You voice the frustrations so many of us have experienced. I've had such a similar experience it's scary...except I've owned mine long enough to remember when they worked well. That was before Arlo realized oh shoot we need monthly subscription fees to show stocks going up. Then in May  2019 they released the first of multiple firmwares to cripple the systems that were purchased with free 7 day cloud storage. This isn't even a theory anymore, read these boards, call support if you don't believe us.

Curious how long this thread will last before the Mods lock it, but I really don't care to be honest. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation