Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 intermittently drops lose internet connection

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
aestrella
Follower
Follower

My Arlo Pro 2 Base Station is connected to on Orbi Router (RBR50) with a Satellite. Base Station is connected directly to the Router. I have gigabit fiber optics internet connection and do not use ISP router, just the Orbi.  Router and Base Station firmwares are up to date.

The Base Station looses connection to the internet intermittently.  Sometimes it will go about 3-4 days without dropping connection.  Router is pretty much out-of-the box settings with exception of SSID and Wifi password change and internet speed has been fast and solid.

Please advise how to keep Base Station from dropping internet connection. TIA!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@aestrella wrote:

My Arlo Pro 2 Base Station is connected to on Orbi Router (RBR50) with a Satellite. Base Station is connected directly to the Router.

Please advise how to keep Base Station from dropping internet connection. TIA!

I want to confirm that you aren't connected to the satellite.  If you are, is the satellite using ethernet backhaul?

I suggest using a ping tool on a PC to confirm that there isn't some loss on the path between the RBR50 and the Arlo cloud.  gping is one tool you can use ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/gping/ ).  Monitor the path to ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com (until the base drops the internet connection).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation