Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2-how do I turn off the motion detectors?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rox9918
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the Arlo Pro 2 and I can't get the motion detectors to turn off.  I got the system so I could see my kids while I am at work, but I don't need or want an email every time we are in the living room.  

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can manually turn each camera on and off in each camera's settings or you can create a schedule that arms the cameras at certain times and off at others.

Rox9918
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want the camera on, but not to detect and alert me of motion. Is that possible?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't mention whether you want this to be automated which is when you would use the schedule. In any event, read the FAQs here on creating custom modes. Create rules for any cameras you do want armed for recording but don't create rules for those cameras that are giving you the fits right now. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. You may need to create multiple modes with different mixes of camera rules so you get exactly what you want at different times.

You can then automate the switching, if it makes sense, by placing those modes in appropriate time slots in the schedule.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation