Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 has a 30 second lag when you use the 2 way talk.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
02oilburner
Initiate
Initiate

I have 300 mbps down and 25 mbps up and this system is VERY LAGGY! All my cameras have full strength on WiFi. This is one of your selling points and it is really really bad. None of the reviews have mentioned how bad this is. With a 30 second delay it is IMPOSSIBLE to comunicate with anyone. Does a wired camera make this better? Is this something that can be fixed or is this just what you get with Arlo? I need this fixed or its going back. 

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

No this is not normal. I have many cameras and at worst the lag is only a couple of seconds.

Have you checked to see that all firmware is updated?

Have you tried a reboot/power cycle of the base?

Are you able to reposition the base even a short distance in case there is some interference from a nearby source?

Do you have the lag on both the app as well as the web interface https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login ?

02oilburner
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you for the response. The firmware is up to date. I just rebooted and repositioned the base a foot higher than before. Lag is still around 5 seconds which is still really difficult to communicate with anyone. They hear you but you miss the first 5 seconds of their response. The web interface seems worse than my phone or tablet and it is hard wired! Is this as good as it gets? Would all the cameras be better hard wired? I have the $100 subscription so I will wire all of these cameras to take advantage of better options asap. 

Streak2
Master Master
Master

I have about a 2-3s delay.

Arlo excels in many areas but is not the best for a 2 way conversation as the information has to go all the way to their servers and then back to you via the base.

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Do you have the CVR subscription? Cancel it. Best thing I’ve ever done that is. Got rid of all my issues.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation