Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ZOB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I've had this system installed for nearly three weeks. Five cameras, basic plan, Pro 2. Its the same old poop from last October, when system armed, we get motion detections/notifications via our cell phones.  Log on the account the cameras are functioning, the library has the number of notications highlighted as a little red ball, open the library and a big fat goose egg, natta, zippo, zero, library empty.  The detections were being saved for about the first three days, with only two cameras activated, when I added the other three...poof. The cameras are functioning in manual mode, I can verify the motion detected, matching the notications with a bit of a delay.

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @ZOB,

Make sure your cameras are close to the base station and your internet upload speed is at least 1 Mbps upstream or higher with stable connection. The lower the upstream bandwidth, the greater the possibility with performance issues, such as intermittent recordings. You can read more about the minimum requirements here: What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

ZOB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not convinced it’s the upload speed, but as of yesterday, and today the notifications are being saved to the library, after a three week lapse.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation