Arlo Pro 2 false alarm experiences

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

With the Arlo Pro 2 plugged on my garage I make a Zone in the driveway. This camera will have the most false alarms, because when it starts raining forget it it just keeps picking up alerts same thing with snow. Also when my neighbor across the street backs the car in the driveway his headlights cross into my zone, the Pro 2 will trigger. In the morning with the sun on my driveway a car drives by casts a shadow into my zone again false alarms Unless you have some light in the area the night vision is terrible. I bought an IR illuminator put it over the garage to point on the driveway and this works very well. The Arlo Pro will not trigger with the rain or the snow or my neighbor's car backing in the driveway. Of course I can't use a zone with pro-1 so let's say if a garbage truck goes by the pro one would trigger that's if I have the camera seeing the street. So the pro one has a lot less for alarms. Still hoping for a firmware update to improve this night vision. I also do like the improved resolution of the pro one.

3 REPLIES 3
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

I would also like to add that when I'm talking about poor night vision I'm talking about the camera being outside in a dark location. If you have the camera let's say in the garage or something where IR will reflect off the wall you should be fine. The night vision does looks sharper than the pro one . Pro 2 looks sharper at night when you have enough light in the area.

RVP
Star
Star

Go to Mode/Armed/your device (Camera) Uncheck “Audio is detected”.   This took care of my false alarms since camera also pickup sounds to activate recording. 

Hope this will help.    

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks for the advice but I don't use the sound

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation