Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 faded out video image

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rrjjsmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2. I have one camera that records video that brightly faded out. Sort of like a bright light washing out the picture. All other cameras are working fine. It started out working fine. I have had this since camera June 2018 and started the disfunction a couple of weeks ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rrjjsmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I called in to get help. On each camera there is a brightness control. For some reason on that camera it was at the brightest setting. It was just a matter of sliding the setting to the middle. Press on the live feed and you will see the sun function. It is where your pause, microphone and other features. Tap on it and see if your setting is at the brightest level. Slide the dot on the bar that brings it to a normal level. For me it was in the middle. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rrjjsmith,

Try swapping the location of the camera behaving oddly with one of your other cameras and see if the issue follows the camera. This will help isolate the issue to potentially a problem at the cameras location or with the camera.

JamesC

Marloi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having this problem with one camera also. Did u find a solution?
Rrjjsmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I called in to get help. On each camera there is a brightness control. For some reason on that camera it was at the brightest setting. It was just a matter of sliding the setting to the middle. Press on the live feed and you will see the sun function. It is where your pause, microphone and other features. Tap on it and see if your setting is at the brightest level. Slide the dot on the bar that brings it to a normal level. For me it was in the middle. 

Marloi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. Already tried that. Wasn't my problem.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Marloi,

Could you post a screenshot of what you're experiencing? That might help us better understand the issue.

JamesC

Marloi
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC....thanks for your concern.  We figured out what was wrong but I will explain for others out there that might make the same mistake we did.  My husband and I both have been logging into the account instead of using the "add friends" feature.  I had checked the brightness settings on my iphone and they were set right in the middle, as should be.  However, my husbands iphone settings were all the way up to the lightest level.  I wrongly assumed that checking settings on one of our phones would be adequate......not so.  I intend to use the "add friends" for one of us as soon as I get a chance.  Thanks for each response.....it is great to have all this help!  I'm sure I will be back for more advice.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation