Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our team has started to deploy firmware to some users that addresses the issue in which the time zone changes to the default setting of Pacific Standard Time within the Arlo app. Over the course of the next several days, our team will continue to test and release product updates until this issue is fully resolved.   

We will provide an update by 3PM PT 6/11/2019 to keep you informed of our progress. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as our team continues to work on resolving this issue. 

Thank you,

Arlo Team

Note: We will provide updated information here as it becomes available. Marking solved to float the latest information to the top of the thread.

Djam311
Star
Star

@JessicaP wrote:

Our team has started to deploy firmware to some users that addresses the issue in which the time zone changes to the default setting of Pacific Standard Time within the Arlo app. Over the course of the next several days, our team will continue to test and release product updates until this issue is fully resolved.   

We will provide an update by 3PM PT 6/11/2019 to keep you informed of our progress. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as our team continues to work on resolving this issue. 

Thank you,

Arlo Team

Note: We will provide updated information here as it becomes available. Marking solved to float the latest information to the top of the thread.

Again, no mention of the "going offline issue" . Please, let us know that you are working on this issue as well. And how can you mark this as solved? It seems nothing has been solved.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Where is the mention about the offline issue ?
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
They better understand that this issue begins with the Arlo getting disconnected first and foremost. Then, if it does reconnect on its own (doesn’t always), that’s when the time goes back to the default Pacific. Please understand this sequence as this is important to understanding what is really happening and fixing it correctly.
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
Also, why does https://status.arlo.com/
Still not mention this as an issue!
This is a serious issue. What is up with Netgear? They better get their poop together man!
Keck
Star
Star
I’m posting one more time..
1) Arlo knows there is a problem, you still need to call support and give input for them to gather info. This helps them.
2) problems started in10/2018 and worsened with the firmware update May 2019 and geofencing server error.
2) could be connected to them changing the basic plan to Arlo Smart. Server problems.
3) problems include: time change to PST every day, base goes off line, no recordings, no notifications etc.
4) notice when the base goes off line: the time zone changes when it reconnects. Also changes the flicker. Once timezone is corrected again, system works correctly.
5) if you use a USB drive, you’ll still have recordings, but they will be out of order and no recordings when base is off line.

Arlo is attempting to fix the problems.

I now check my system throughout the day and fix the timezone daily.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Good points but should it take this long to resolve? Should customers be doing the beta testing? Is controlling the narrative an ethical and smart business practice?
daytonagal1
Star
Star

Here we go again.  Same *hit, different day.  Base went offline, came back up, time zone changed.  Missing videos again.  Now it is saying my cameras are not connected.  I am so over this crap.  Anyone know a good class action attorney?

Sentry_Turret
Star
Star
This is atrocious.

I am glad that the recent reviews on Amazon, etc reflect what a horrible product this is turning out to be.
Apprentice
Apprentice
After 2 weeks of problems my base went offline for 1.5 hours but when it came back online everything functions. I haven't checked the remote formatting yet however but am scared to tinker with it. I lost confidence in Arlo.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Arlo Pro 2 went down earlier at about 7 PM PDT. Front cameras were recording and then iOS app said their base station went offline! I checked it in person and saw the middle green light blinked a little, but still offline. I waited for about five minutes and the gave up to power cycle it. 😞

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@TomMac wrote:

No problem with base units, but yes, here at about 3 am the camera was flashing and woke me up...

How did they wake you up? Do you have them in your face when you sleep at night? 😮

DNYE86
Aspirant
Aspirant

This crap is also happening with my Standard Arlo Pro base station in Perth, Western Australia. The time changes are driving me nuts and they want to charge me for phone support as its past 90 days, the online chat feature doesn't work even with the newest chrome update. What the hell do i do now??

Update: Have spoken to one of their support reps on the phone and was told they are aware of the issue and will be escalating it. Was a frustrating conversation having to spell out each word letter by letter. I dont think ill be buying arlo products again after this.

Apprentice
Apprentice
What's astounding is support may have never heard of the problem and some mods here think it's an isolated incident. That's if you believe the narrative made for you.
Djam311
Star
Star

New firmware installed overnight, (1.12.2.2_2754). Everything up and running so far. 

Stupot1947
Guide
Guide

@Djam311 wrote:

New firmware installed overnight, (1.12.2.2_2754). Everything up and running so far. 

I have just maually installed same update!  TZ still UTC.  Here's hoping.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
No update yet for arlo pro base station. Offline @ 3 times yesterday. Haven’t heard anything back from arlo support.
linda185
Star
Star

Got the update but the base station still goes offline. 

Have to manually push the button on the back to get it running again. 

Thanks for nothing...

Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm on 2798 which is the latest. My system is OK now..not sure about formatting as haven't checked that aspect. I heard only the original Arlo got new fimrware not the Pro or Pro2.
linda185
Star
Star

I am on 1.12.2.2_2754

Like I said previously still not working..

arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

I received the firmware update last night. One of the concerns I have is that they may have simply tweaked the time change issue to mask the larger problem with the unit resetting. In other words, 99% of us are using the time change to signify the issue we need to be vigilant and check to see if the unit resets itself still, regardless of the time zone.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@linda185 wrote:

Got the update but the base station still goes offline. 

But do you see the time zone issue? Have you ever seen it? Does it still hit you?

For some time now it has seemed likely to me that there are two separate things going on here, the time zone issue and the offline base station.

A lot of people, me included, suffered from the time-zone thing without going off line, or at least without staying off line. This one now seems to have gone away for a lot of us.

Another bunch of people also see the "off-line" problem.

Rather than carrying on this conversation, it might be a good idea for the "off line" victims to start another discussion with a different subject.

Whatever happens now, "off-liners" should file reports through official support channels and keep up the pressure.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
skismx5
Guide
Guide

@arlo-user123 wrote:

I received the firmware update last night. One of the concerns I have is that they may have simply tweaked the time change issue to mask the larger problem with the unit resetting. In other words, 99% of us are using the time change to signify the issue we need to be vigilant and check to see if the unit resets itself still, regardless of the time zone.

Apprentice what is the new FW number? Mine is now 1.12.2.2_2754.  

linda185new
Star
Star
First of all, they keep merging posts into other topics.

Second, my time zone changes after the base station went offline and I had to manually reset it.

The base went offline again after the update, but the time zone stayed on the right zone.
So maybe they fixed the time zone thing indeed, but the base station going offline is a much bigger problem.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@linda185new wrote:
First of all, they keep merging posts into other topics.

There's an obvious answer to that one.

Start a new conversation with a different subject.

"My base station keeps going off line"

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime