Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 does not send out a low battery notification?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nealhayden
Star
Star

Arlo Pro 2 does not send out a low battery notification.  The Tech Support technician asked me to communicate this to the Arlo Community.  WHY Arlo chat support technicians are unable to enter this information for me - is quite annoying.  Especially since I waited online for 20 minutes to chat with someone.  After requesting to have this service available, I am now having to spend another 5 minutes of my time entering this request here.  Thank you Arlo for wasting my time.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The low battery email is automated and can't be (un)set by anything. It might imply a dropped email (or spam folder) but that's just a guess.

I tend to watch the battery levels and don't really rely on the emails but will recharge proactively.

nealhayden
Star
Star

According to Arlo Chat Support - there is NO automated notification related to low battery.  This means there is no SMS or email sent as a low battery notification.  I appreciate your vigilance in monitoring your batteries.  I am a volunteer for a non-profit organization.  The building where the cameras are installed is rarely used.  It is a burden on my time to have to monitor it myself.  That is the value of computers to provide notification of motion or other elements related to the health of your system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno why support would say that there's no automated low battery notification. It's worked for me for years. I do nothing. However, I don't know how the process works so can't suggest anything.

As for monitoring battery level, it's really not a big deal. ANy time the app or web page is open, the battery indicators on the Devices page which opens by default should be black. If they turn amber, they're less than 25%. An ever-so-quick perusal of that page is all that's needed to determine if a battery is running low. Once a day (or maybe even once a week) is totally sufficient.

If you need more clarity as to why there's no emails alerting you, you should verify the email address in Settings, Profile, check the spam folder in your email and finally use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation