Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 charging fault

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CGM2
Follower
Follower

Charging fault problems with camera. I’ve reset everything as per what I’ve read in other forums. Any advise please help!!!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to tell us what've tried - we can't guess.  Is this an indoor or outdoor camera? WHat charger are you using?

ColinCav
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everytime I plug my cameras in to charge I get the charging fault error message. I have to sit and play with the connection to get it to charge but even when it charges I dont get the lightning bolt message that it is in fact charging. I am using the wire that was included with Arlo to charge and the cameras are in overhangs where they will never get wet. I am not sure how to fix this because it takes forever to get them back to 100%. What causes this error?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's still possible that moisture is getting into the connector from dew or just high humidity condensing on the camera, especially if the connector plug wasn't fully seated. You say you're using the "wire" from Arlo but what about the charger itself? Have you tried a different charger, such as one from a recent phone that supports Qualcomm Quick Charge that has both 5v and 9v outputs?

Susan1964
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem with the arlo 2 of not charging the battery and battery only lasting for days
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two different issues.

1) Not charging - what have you tried? Do you have another charger that support both 5v and 9v outputs to see if that works?

2) Battery lasting for a few days - how many total minutes per day of recording and live viewing are you doing? Spec battery life is for <5 minutes per day. Then there's signal strength and quality that affects how the camera can have to struggle to maintain the connection. We need details for more suggestions.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation