Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 cameras won't sync base station. Tried removing Base Station, resetting, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
dgtale
Aspirant
Aspirant

As per subject ... Arlo Pro 2 cameras won't sync base station VMB4500r2

I've tried to remove the base station, reset and restart the process from scratch many times.

The base station is found and added to my profile.

When it comes to sync the 2 cams it doens't work!!!!

Both base station and cam start blinking but they do not sync!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Foxdie2971
Initiate
Initiate

This is happening to me as well. I just purchased a refurbished Arlo Pro 2 kit off of Amazon. I have reset the base station, make sure batteries were fully charged, swapped batteries in cameras, have had the camera plugged into the outlet and they will not sync. Bot the base station and camera just blink as they are trying to sync but never do.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi dgtale and Foxdie2971,

What LED lights are showing on your Arlo Base Station? Feel free to read this article to learn how to troubleshoot when your Arlo Pro 2 won't sync with your Base Station: My Arlo camera will not sync with my SmartHub or base station; how can I troubleshoot it?

PellGar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here , I spend a lottt of money in this mediocre system. I tried everything and nothing happen , only one camera was added after hours and hours trying. I will return everything to best buy and I want all my money back and I will not recomend this system.

dgtale
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is Arlo company reading this community? Is Arlo doing something to improve the software of this expensive product?

I'd expect this product works out of the box, just Plug & Play.

I've spent more than  one hour in the chat with the Arlo support without success, then another hour at the phone in order to sync the two cams with the base station.

Bare in mind that:

- I don't have a home wireless enabled therefore there is no radio interference 2.4 ghz

- cams are 3 mt far from the base station

- battery charge > 80%

Despite of that the two cams disconnect once a day and I have to start again the sync trial.

You know what... that happens always when I'm far from home.

This is a useless surveillance system!!!

ARLO DO SOMETHING AND IMPROVE THE EXPENSIVE CRAP YOU ARE SELLING!!! 

This product sounds more like a fraud!!!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

dgtale,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I was having exactly the same issue the last couple of days, couldn’t add camera to the Basestation via the app. What worked for me in the end (after resetting base station, changing wifi channels etc etc) was to not use the app, and use the sync button on the Basestation and on the camera. All three cameras connected fine this way, but wouldn’t when adding a device through the app. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation